1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

File completion window saws long paths

Discussion in 'Support' started by LouCypher, Feb 5, 2009.

1. LouCypher

I've already experienced this with prior versions (now running TCC 9,02.154): when I hit F7 for file completion window, and the path is "too long", I'm unable to scroll totally to the right.
    The longer the path, the more I loose
    Looks like width of strings, in the completion window, isn't calculated properly. And maybe not just width: descending characters, like "g", appear truncated in the lower part, but on the last file/directory listed.

I'm trying it with "Lucida Console", normal, 12 pixel, but it appears as a similar problem with some other fonts, even switching to "Fixedsys" one.
    May be related to the Unicode version? Don't know...

The attached image shows a lucky case, where just a single file has its name truncated -- see the red rectangles.

Anyone can confirm/help on this?

~ Lou

Attached Files:

2. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

Is this with v9, v10, or both?

The contents of the window & scrollbars is being drawn by Windows, not TCC. Is it truncating a lot or just the last character or two?

3. Jim Cook

I do not see the problem under either 9 or 10 on my machine.

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 7:00 AM, JP Software Forums <neil@jpsoft.com> wrote:

--
    Jim Cook
    2009 Saturdays: 4/4, 6/6, 8/8, 10/10, 12/12 and 5/9, 9/5, 7/11, 11/7.
    Next year they're Sunday.

4. LouCypher

With TCC 9,02.154

The part truncated is variable, sometimes less than a whole character, in other cases 2-3 characters and more -- not necessarily an integer number of characters.

I had this going on for a long time (never had time to report it till now...), on two different machines, a laptop and a desktop, both running XP pro, but with different console font size.

~ Lou