Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

File Explorer shows properties | details of files. Can TC show them, too?

Dec
I would like to display, sort, edit metadata of media files (mp3, mp4, flac, ogg, mkv, avi, exif,...) but don't see a way even to display property details. Not a simple request, I believe, but I would gladly pay more for an upgrade that includes script support of it. Or maybe I missed something.

Here is a method of displaying the properties of a file;

1645980930213.png

Code:
@setlocal
@echo off
iff %# eq 0 then
  echo USAGE: %_batchname myfile.ext
  quit
endiff
iff exist %1 then
  if not plugin sysutils plugin /l e:\utils\sysutils64.dll
  props %1
  if plugin sysutils plugin /u sysutils
else
  echo File Not Found
endiff
endlocal

Requires the Props command from the @vefatica plugin SysUtils.

While it does not provide a solution for displaying, sorting, or the editing metadata of media files, it does display property details.

Joe

I would like to display, sort, edit metadata of media files (mp3, mp4, flac, ogg, mkv, avi, exif,...) but don't see a way even to display property details. Not a simple request, I believe, but I would gladly pay more for an upgrade that includes script support of it. Or maybe I missed something.
You might want to loom at:

Thanks for your suggestions; that was fast. Adding a few more switches to the dir command for displaying detail properties seems unlikely although logical to be complete. The Python package, mutagen, might be worth investigating for my purposes.

Thanks for your suggestions; that was fast. Adding a few more switches to the dir command for displaying detail properties seems unlikely although logical to be complete. The Python package, mutagen, might be worth investigating for my purposes.

Or perhaps internal functions for use in PDIR?