Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

@files and documentation

Aug
The documentation (v.10 helpfile) indicates:
If you are searching for subdirectories (i.e., by specifying "d" in the attribute argument), @FILES will not count the "." and ".." directory entries.
However, my experience with both local and remote drives is exactly opposite: echo %@files[*,d] will return "2" if performed on a folder with no subfolders.

I performed this test on both 10.00.53—as well as 8.02.106—against both local and remote drives with identical results.

Given the (apparent) long-standing behavior of this function, I would prefer that the documentation be updated to match behavior, rather than the function being updated to match documentation.

millardjk wrote:

> The documentation (v.10 helpfile) indicates:
> ---Quote---
> If you are searching for subdirectories (i.e., by specifying "d" in the attribute argument), @FILES will not count the "." and ".." directory entries.
> ---End Quote---
> However, my experience with both local and remote drives is exactly opposite: echo %@files[*,d] will return "2" if performed on a folder with no subfolders.
>
> I performed this test on both 10.00.53—as well as 8.02.106—against both local and remote drives with identical results.

The documentation for the current build (10.00.64) does not have that text.

Rex Conn
JP Software