Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

finding remote os verion and info

Jan
is there a function in TCC to see what memory /os version/cpu etc have on a pc other than using systeminfo and filtering it?

You can have a look in the help at: TCC / Variables & Functions / Variables / Variables by category, in categories 'Hardware status' and 'Operating system and software status'.

WMI would be perfect for this, but looking at the help files neither the @WMI function nor WMIQUERY command seem to support remote systems.

You could use the wmic.exe external program though. With the /node switch it will query a remote system. Here are some samples:

Code:
wmic /node:COMPUTER csproduct get name
wmic /node:COMPUTER bios get version
wmic /node:COMPUTER os get caption
wmic /node:COMPUTER cpu get name
wmic /node:COMPUTER memorychip get capacity

That last one actually shows the size of each memory module in your system. You'd have to total them manually. I'm not sure if there is a WMI query that returns one value representing total RAM. Seems like there would be, but the few minutes I looked I didn't find it.

WMI would be perfect for this, but looking at the help files neither the @WMI function nor WMIQUERY command seem to support remote systems.

You could use the wmic.exe external program though. With the /node switch it will query a remote system. Here are some samples:

Code:
wmic /node:COMPUTER csproduct get name
wmic /node:COMPUTER bios get version
wmic /node:COMPUTER os get caption
wmic /node:COMPUTER cpu get name
wmic /node:COMPUTER memorychip get capacity

That last one actually shows the size of each memory module in your system. You'd have to total them manually. I'm not sure if there is a WMI query that returns one value representing total RAM. Seems like there would be, but the few minutes I looked I didn't find it.
In v17, @WMI and WMIQUERY both support remote machines (though the help doesn't make that very clear).
Code:
v:\> echo %@wmi["\\lucky\root\CIMV2","SELECT Name FROM Win32_ComputerSystem"]
LUCKY

v:\> wmiquery \\lucky\root\CIMV2 "SELECT Name FROM Win32_ComputerSystem"
LUCKY

Back