Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WAD First Record, Last Record, Next Record, Previous Record

Oct
TCMD 15.01.40, both x86 and x64 on Windows 7.

The first four buttons on my toolbar have blank button labels but are showing as “First Record, Last Record, Next Record, Previous Record.”

This was reproduced in a new installation on a virtual machine by making the tabbed toolbar visible and creating a single button with no label that nonetheless shows up as “First Record.” The resulting ini file is attached.

Attachments

• TCMD.INI
    121 bytes · Views: 275
Because TCC, cmd, PS and bash have distinct icons and I don't need any text to tell me which is which.

14 doesn't do this, only 15.

I ended up doing that. I tried using a zero-width space, but it doesn’t round-trip properly to the ini file, so I have to deal with the expanded spacing in that portion of the toolbar.

I ended up doing that. I tried using a zero-width space, but it doesn’t round-trip properly to the ini file, so I have to deal with the expanded spacing in that portion of the toolbar.
The INI file works if it's saved as Unicode (just tried it). That should allow the zero-width space.

I just tried it ... copied "Zero Width Space" (U+200B) from CharMap and pasted it into a button caption. It showed up as a pair of a's (alphas?) with diacritical marks above and below. Likewise in notepad in a file that had previously been saved in Unicode format. I don't understand.

Thanks, I didn’t know you could just change the ini to unicode like that. This worked for me, so in your case it must be the font you're using. I haven’t changed the Windows font so it’s still Segoe UI and I use DejaVu Sans Mono for text editors.

I'm glad it worked. I think Unicode support is pretty well built into TCMD/TCC these days. I don't know why it doesn't work for me ... I'll experiment.

When I looked at my (Unicode) INI file, the ZWS characters were there, along with the others I mentioned. I don't know how those others got there, but when I removed them, leaving only the ZWS, all was well.