Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Flicker in v12

Jul
I am running Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit. I have the trial version of TCMD 12 installed (build 32). I'm using the latest NVIDIA drivers (260.89)

I am seeing excessive flicker in both TCMD as well as some of my applications. It only happens when TCMD is running. Usually something else must be on the screen, such as Thunderbird or a Cygwin X window, but I'm not sure exactly what combination it takes. Up until today, I thought it was just the TCMD window that flickered, but today I had Quicken running and another application I use and *that* other application was flickering as well. The flicker isn't black/white, it's more like a "vibrating".

I have never ever seen this problem with TCMD11.

I am running Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit. I have the trial version of TCMD 12 installed (build 32). I'm using the latest NVIDIA drivers (260.89)

I am seeing excessive flicker in both TCMD as well as some of my applications. It only happens when TCMD is running. Usually something else must be on the screen, such as Thunderbird or a Cygwin X window, but I'm not sure exactly what combination it takes. Up until today, I thought it was just the TCMD window that flickered, but today I had Quicken running and another application I use and *that* other application was flickering as well. The flicker isn't black/white, it's more like a "vibrating".

I have never ever seen this problem with TCMD11.

Not reproducible here, and it would require a complete breakdown in both Windows and the Intel hardware to allow a process to affect other processes like this. This pretty much *has* to be your video driver.

TCMD double-buffers all of its screen i/o to prevent flickering in the TCMD window. (Nothing has changed in this code from v11 to v12.)

Anybody else seeing something like this?

Here is some more info:

Today I had the TCMD12 window open on top of Thunderbird (3.1.latest). The actual "flickering" was occurring in the file path next to the word "Views" at the top of the window, as well as the cursor in the open CMD tab. It was many more times than once/second.

After I did a "dir" command the flickering stopped.

As I said, I never say anything remotely like this in TCMD11, and I still don't.

That sounds almost like you're seeing a video interlace.... Are you by any chance using a CRT monitor?

That sounds almost like you're seeing a video interlace.... Are you by any chance using a CRT monitor?

No, it's LCD and it's only in these TWO specific areas. I think TCMD is in some sort of loop where it's trying to update the path in the VIEW block over and over again at a high rate. Even though it's just sitting at the F:\ prompt.

No, it's LCD and it's only in these TWO specific areas. I think TCMD is in some sort of loop where it's trying to update the path in the VIEW block over and over again at a high rate. Even though it's just sitting at the F:\ prompt.

Well, I'm glad to be wrong; you probably wouldn't have liked my suggested workarounds if I was right!

Here is some more info:

Today I had the TCMD12 window open on top of Thunderbird (3.1.latest). The actual "flickering" was occurring in the file path next to the word "Views" at the top of the window, as well as the cursor in the open CMD tab. It was many more times than once/second.

After I did a "dir" command the flickering stopped.

As I said, I never say anything remotely like this in TCMD11, and I still don't.

Still not reproducible here. Please email me ([email protected]) your TCMD.INI file.