How to? folder / explorer window

Oct 18, 2008
Hello -- not sure if its my computer, but can the take (v17) folder / explorer window be configured? I can't seem to show / see local drive drives - thanks

Oct 18, 2008
umm ... I just tried to filter the path and when I specified c:\. -- I got a message that it could not find the path -- is there a way to debug / trace this?

Oct 18, 2008
What are you expecting? The "Filter" box filters what shows in the "List View" ... some subset of the contents of the folder selected in "Folders".
It weird ... its a vista system and in the folder / explorer window, I don't see any local disk or dvd -- so if I try to set the filter to c:\foo -- and foo exists, I get the
message that it can't find c:\foo -- I to see all the shares of my NAS(s) that are connected to my home network

Oct 18, 2008
Hello -- no don't see "computer" in the list -- the screen shot shows the content of the folder window -- when I expand the computer name ( fpe1004 ) no local drive (just c: and dvd ) show up -- I think is some sort of access setting that is causing this -- thanks for the reply

Attachments

Oct 18, 2008
Hello – Thanks for the reply ... this is windows vista ... so and v17 – maybe it could be a bug

I started the win explorer ( explorer.exe ) and open up the entry for the computer (fpe1004) and it seems only network location are showing in take, but in the explorer view I see under fpe1004 all local drives C: and the dvd’s

screen shot show the info side-by-side

Attachments