1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to? folder / explorer window

Discussion in 'Support' started by fpefpe, Feb 3, 2015.

1. fpefpe

Hello -- not sure if its my computer, but can the take (v17) folder / explorer window be configured? I can't seem to show / see local drive drives - thanks

2. fpefpe

umm ... I just tried to filter the path and when I specified c:\. -- I got a message that it could not find the path -- is there a way to debug / trace this?

3. vefatica

What are you expecting? The "Filter" box filters what shows in the "List View" ... some subset of the contents of the folder selected in "Folders".

4. fpefpe

It weird ... its a vista system and in the folder / explorer window, I don't see any local disk or dvd -- so if I try to set the filter to c:\foo -- and foo exists, I get the
    message that it can't find c:\foo -- I to see all the shares of my NAS(s) that are connected to my home network

5. vefatica

Do you see "Computer" in the "Folders" pane? If so, select it and the local drives should appear in the "List View"; expand it and the local drives should appear in the "Folders" view".

6. fpefpe

Hello -- no don't see "computer" in the list -- the screen shot shows the content of the folder window -- when I expand the computer name ( fpe1004 ) no local drive (just c: and dvd ) show up -- I think is some sort of access setting that is causing this -- thanks for the reply

Attached Files:

7. vefatica

That's odd. I haven't a clue.

8. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

That's a Windows control; TCMD does not determine what is shown in the Folders window.

If it's not showing drives, then it's either an Explorer configuration setting on your system, or a Windows bug. If you open Windows Explorer, do you see your drives?

9. fpefpe

Hello – Thanks for the reply ... this is windows vista ... so and v17 – maybe it could be a bug

I started the win explorer ( explorer.exe ) and open up the entry for the computer (fpe1004) and it seems only network location are showing in take, but in the explorer view I see under fpe1004 all local drives C: and the dvd’s

screen shot show the info side-by-side

Attached Files:

10. vefatica

In that pic, the TC Folders view seems to have everything in duplicate.

11. fpefpe

Hello -- yes -- not sure what to make of it -- BTW I don't know if this has any effect, but as this is a vista system, I have turned OFF the UAC