Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Folder View Freezing

Apr
I have only recently started using the folder/list views. Because I generally like to work from the command line, I keep the list view stacked on top of the folder view as shown in the first screenshot(time: 17.19.24).

Consistently, the folder view freezes as shown in the second screenshot (time: 18.07.17). If I close the folder/list view, an artifact remains as shown in the third screenshot (time: 18.08.14). The only way to get rid of it is to close TCMD and restart it.

It does not happen immediately; it's usually between 5 and 15 minutes. It is not related to any work I'm doing in TCMD. In the screenshots, I was doing nothing in TCMD except waiting for it to happen and I was running only firefox and GVIM. I do not have any plugin's installed. The only thing TCSTART.BTM does is initialize aliases.

It seems to only happen when the folder/list views are stacked.

I am running Windows 7, 64 bit on an AMD Dual Core.

Attachments

• Snap 2011-12-02 at 17.19.24.jpg
    Snap 2011-12-02 at 17.19.24.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 188
  • Snap 2011-12-02 at 18.07.17.jpg
    Snap 2011-12-02 at 18.07.17.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 208
  • Snap 2011-12-02 at 18.08.14.jpg
    Snap 2011-12-02 at 18.08.14.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 198
The version is: TCC 12.11.76 x64 Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]
I just emailed the ini file.

I'm not sure, but it may also be tied to minimizing/restoring TCMD, although not every time - only after 5 to 15 minutes.

Thank you.
Mel

> The version is: TCC 12.11.76 x64

I haven't been able to reproduce this yet with your TCMD.INI file, but
there's one thing you can try on your end.

Go to Options / Configure Take Command / Advanced, and uncheck "Update
Folders view on Directory Creation / Deletion" and see if that makes any
difference.

You could also try downloading the 13.01 trial and see if behaves the same
way.

uncheck "Update Folders view on Directory Creation / Deletion" and see if that makes any
difference.

That seems to have made the problem go away. Thanks for the extremely quick response. Is there some way I can force a refresh of the folder/list views from the command line?

Mel

In a completely unrelated thread, Ron suggested to another user "... 5. Windows itself may be overdue for a reboot." Well, that fixed my problem. I'm so embarassed :$ Sorry to have wasted your time.

| 5. Windows itself may be overdue for a reboot." Well, that fixed my
| problem. I'm so embarassed :$ Sorry to have wasted your time.

No, do not be embarrassed - in fact it may be useful for others to know that bugs in Windows itself (there is nothing else restarting can work around) can cause problems in TCMD, in your case, freezing the folder view.
--
Steve

| Originally Posted by Steve Fabian
|| No, do not be embarrassed - in fact it may be useful for others to
|| know that bugs in Windows itself (there is nothing else restarting
|| can work around) can cause problems in TCMD, in your case, freezing
|| the folder view.
|
| The tree control in the folder view is a Windows control.

You just reinforced what I wrote - the problem is in Windows, but manifests itself when TCMD uses is.
--
Steve