Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Forum auto-completing "@FileViewer"

May
Twice in as many days. I type "do line in @file <Enter>" and the forum auto-completes "@FileViewer".

That's bull (and annoying as heck). Can you stop it?

And can you make the default font for <code> monospaced?

Twice in as many days. I type "do line in @file <Enter>" and the forum auto-completes "@FileViewer".

That's bull (and annoying as heck). Can you stop it?

It's not coming from XenForo; it appears that FileViewer is doing it.

And can you make the default font for <code> monospaced?

I can't control that. But you can select whatever font you want (presumably "Courier New").

It's not coming from XenForo; it appears that FileViewer is doing it.
I can't control that. But you can select whatever font you want (presumably "Courier New").

How can FileViewer be messing with XenForo's software, your web site, and my browser?
Before recent forum upgrades, <code> blocks appeared monospaced by default. I have probably posted hundreds of code blocks and I never, until recently, had to change the font manually (a P.I.T.A.). I'm pretty sure code blocks from weeks/months/years ago are monospaced.

I can't control that.

Directly - no. But through a vehement complaint to XenForo about a giant step backward - you may be able to, or at least influence it. Since only you have a contract with XenForo, neither Vince, nor I, nor any other of your customers can get this malfeature removed. After all, what is the point of the <code> tag if it does not create a visually different format?

And neither does XenForo. (Why would you think that the only thing that XenForo tries to autocomplete would be "FileViewer"?)
I am troubled that XenForo's spelling dictionary does not include Xenforo! I would like the dictionary used in this forum to include all TCMD key words

And neither does XenForo. (Why would you think that the only thing that XenForo tries to autocomplete would be "FileViewer"?)
Again, I have no idea. You must see it too because I didn't mention the pop-up. The pop-up is for "V", and given that you have some relationship with "V", it seems fishy. I'm so curious! Will you get to the bottom of this mystery (and put an end to it)?

It sounds like you have contacted XenForo. Did they change the default font for code blocks and leave the user (meaning you) no way to change it?

XenForo knows nothing of this completion business???

On XenForo's own website, if while composing, I type "@File" it offers to complete "@Filetrip" ... pop-up and all!

XenForo 1.2 uses a different editor (Redactor instead of TinyMCE), which is much faster and has a few hundred additional features.
That doesn't make it clear who sets the font. The change in font behavior might not be the editor's fault.

XenForo knows nothing of this completion business???

On XenForo's own website, if while composing, I type "@File" it offers to complete "@Filetrip" ... pop-up and all!
And it's the same on another computer and with IE.

So I asked about it in XenForo's general forum and got a quick answer. It's completing forum member usernames (and XenForo didn't know that!). It offers to complete "@vef". I asked if the site's admin could turn it off and also if the admin could set a default font for code blocks.