Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Forum Server Migration

May
Rex:
Is the forum server migration complete? There seem to be a few threads and posts missing, esp. those posted inadvertently (or otherwise) posted since Thursday Aug. 8th. Some I have (through the unsupported email notification process), but others, esp. some of my own posts, are lost...

I guess due to the difficulties of posting because of the migration there were not many posts to be lost... But doesn't your hosting service have at least dual servers, so if one fails the other can take over automatically? Geographically separate? IIRC the hosting service I use for a couple of websites (godaddy.com) does that...

Apparently more forum migration was done yesterday, but with negative effect - all my "watch" setting were undone! All alerts and notifications were cancelled without asking me, changing my preferences...
1/ Is there a SIMPLE way to set the "watch" controls, other than selecting each forum and subforum individually (hoping I did not miss any). with multiple clicks in each?

Aren't Forums supposed to automate information access? Why is it so difficult make changes ?

Apparently more forum migration was done yesterday, but with negative effect - all my "watch" setting were undone! All alerts and notifications were cancelled without asking me, changing my preferences...
1/ Is there a SIMPLE way to set the "watch" controls, other than selecting each forum and subforum individually (hoping I did not miss any). with multiple clicks in each?

Aren't Forums supposed to automate information access? Why is it so difficult make changes ?

Previously, there was no (repeat, no) supported watch forums capability. (By actual count, this is the 18th time I've mentioned this to you ...)

Email notification of watched forums is now incorporated into the XenForo 1.2. You will need to add any forums you want to watch; there was no way to transfer them from the previous (unsupported, non-Xenforo) forum watch list.