Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Forum: Where is "what's new" control information?

May
I use two systems alternately. Is the information of which thread contain new posts saved on each client system individually, or is it saved on the server? BTW, the typical email notification of new posts from the Xenforo forums is 4 times larger than those from the now defunct V-Bulletin forums. Since my current internet access bandwidth is less than double of a dial-up modem's, it makes a difference. Is there a way to get "plain text" notifications? did not find such an entry in the personalization options.
--
Steve

I use two systems alternately. Is the information of which thread contain new posts saved on each client system individually, or is it saved on the server?

They're saved on the server. (It'd be pretty useless to save them locally, as you couldn't use different browsers or connect from a smartphone or tablet.)

Is there a way to get "plain text" notifications?

No.

And my current internet bandwidth is *less* than a dial-up modem (except very, very late at night), so you're not going to get a lot of sympathy from me!