Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ftp crashes tcmd v12.11 and 13.01

D

drrob1

I frequently use ftp and sftp to transfer files. I use iftp to establish the connections.

I have noticed intermittently that the following sequence of steps sometimes causes tcmd 12.11 or 13.01 to abruptly exit. I'm assuming that something is crashing.
iftp ftp://<my first="" site="">my first site
copy a-file ftp:
iftp sftp://<my second="" site="">my second site
copy </my> a-file sftp:

Now let the connection become idle. Using the iftp command an hour or more later makes tcmd abruptly exit. I use this command again
iftp ftp://my first site<my first="" site="">

I also noticed that if I remember to do iftp /c then this behavior stops and I don't get the abrupt exiting of tcmd.

I think I only noticed this when I started using tcmd 13</my></my>

I frequently use ftp and sftp to transfer files. I use iftp to establish the connections.

I have noticed intermittently that the following sequence of steps sometimes causes tcmd 12.11 or 13.01 to abruptly exit. I'm assuming that something is crashing.
iftp ftp://<my first="" site="">my first site
copy a-file ftp:
iftp sftp://<my second="" site="">my second site
copy </my> a-file sftp:

Now let the connection become idle. Using the iftp command an hour or more later makes tcmd abruptly exit. I use this command again
iftp ftp://my first site<my first="" site="">

I also noticed that if I remember to do iftp /c then this behavior stops and I don't get the abrupt exiting of tcmd.

I think I only noticed this when I started using tcmd 13

Nothing changed in IFTP between v12 and v13.

Not reproducible here -- did you change anything in the Internet defaults (like the timeouts)?

I hope you mean that TCC exits, not TCMD -- TCMD has no internal ftp, doesn't know anything about ftp, doesn't run any ftp commands, and is completely oblivious to anything that TCC might be doing with ftp. If running IFTP in TCC can make TCMD exit, that would be truly bizarre. (And it would mean that Microsoft and Intel have been lying to us about everything in interprocess security.) The only way TCMD should exit is if you only had one tab window running TCC, and that TCC exited for some reason.

If TCC crashes, it will generated a TCC.GPF file (usually in the same directory as TCMD.INI, which varies by OS). If you don't have a TCC.GPF, then the crash would have to be occurring inside Windows (probably the TCP/IP stack), which gets a lot harder to diagnose (or fix).

I do mean tcmd. tcmd.gpf sent privately to Rex

On 12/01/2011 02:24 PM, rconn wrote:

> ---Quote (Originally by drrob1)---
> I frequently use ftp and sftp to transfer files. I use iftp to establish the connections.
>
> I have noticed intermittently that the following sequence of steps sometimes causes tcmd 12.11 or 13.01 to abruptly exit. I'm assuming that something is crashing.
> iftp ftp://<my first="" site="">my first site
> copy a-file ftp:
> iftp sftp://<my second="" site="">my second site
> copy</my> a-file sftp:
>
> Now let the connection become idle. Using the iftp command an hour or more later makes tcmd abruptly exit. I use this command again
> iftp ftp://my first site<my first="" site="">
>
> I also noticed that if I remember to do iftp /c then this behavior stops and I don't get the abrupt exiting of tcmd.
>
> I think I only noticed this when I started using tcmd 13
> ---End Quote---
> Nothing changed in IFTP between v12 and v13.
>
> Not reproducible here -- did you change anything in the Internet defaults (like the timeouts)?
>
> I hope you mean that TCC exits, not TCMD -- TCMD has no internal ftp, doesn't know anything about ftp, doesn't run any ftp commands, and is completely oblivious to anything that TCC might be doing with ftp. If running IFTP in TCC can make TCMD exit, that would be truly bizarre. (And it would mean that Microsoft and Intel have been lying to us about everything in interprocess security.) The only way TCMD should exit is if you only had one tab window running TCC, and that TCC exited for some reason.
>
> If TCC crashes, it will generated a TCC.GPF file (usually in the same directory as TCMD.INI, which varies by OS). If you don't have a TCC.GPF, then the crash would have to be occurring inside Windows (probably the TCP/IP stack), which gets a lot harder to diagnose (or fix).
>
>
>
>
>

I don't know how

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE smartphone

----- Reply message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: [Support-t-3407] Re: ftp crashes tcmd v12.11 and 13.01
Date: Fri, Dec 2, 2011 8:17 am

---Quote---

> I do mean tcmd. tcmd.gpf sent privately to Rex
---End Quote---
No, you mean TCC (look inside tcmd.gpf).

Your crash is in a third-party dll; I'll forward it to the developers and
see if they have any insight.

Silly me. I never looked

Has there been any confirmation of a bug, or something like that?

On 12/02/2011 08:50 AM, rconn wrote:

> ---Quote---
>> I don't know how
> ---End Quote---
> It's just a vanilla text file. VIEW, LIST, TYPE, etc.
>
>
>
>
>

If you have not yet been able to reproduce this, something occurred to me that may help.

Sometimes I use tcc for ftp or sftp, and other times I use FileZilla. It's possible that the crash has been happening when I use tcc, then use filezilla, and come back to tcc.

Hope this helps.

And I hope I enabled email notifications correctly.

If you have not yet been able to reproduce this, something occurred to me that may help.

Sometimes I use tcc for ftp or sftp, and other times I use FileZilla. It's possible that the crash has been happening when I use tcc, then use filezilla, and come back to tcc.

Still not reproducible here.

I'll let you know if I hear anything back from nsoftware.