1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ftp server password required to download pdf help

Discussion in 'Support' started by rtdunlap, Mar 7, 2012.

1. rtdunlap

Lately, I have been being prompted to enter a password to download the pdf help file, but not so with the program updates. I tried logging in anonymously and with my forum password, but have been unable to do so. Usually, I go back in a couple of hours and can download the help file without the password prompt. Also, I have noticed very frequent program updates as of late. Could you possibly start including a version history, to detail these changes in the readme.txt file?

2. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

There is no password required for the pdf file. Just click on "Downloads / Take Command Manual" from the home page (http://jpsoft.com).

The version history is posted on this forum in the release announcement, as well as in the updater. I don't know that it would be useful to add a third history somewhere else.

3. rtdunlap

Tried link March 8th, 8 AM and it worked, however, clicking the link is how I was getting the passworg dialogue box in the first place. I was trying to let you know that you have an intermittent problem. The problem happened repeatedly on the 7th, and several other times after recently posted updates. Could it be a temporarily overloaded server, as users are downloading updates? It has never happened on the program updates: I am only updating the 64 bit version.

4. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

The PDF file is retrieved from the ftp server (which does have a maximum of 20 users); the updates are retrieved from the http server (which has a much higher maximum user count).