Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Function @uquotes duplicated or error in listing

May
For Charles Dye:

PLUGIN /I SAFECHARS produces
Code:
Module:      C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD\plugins\safechars-x64.dll
Name:        SafeChars
Author:      Charles Dye
Email:       [email protected]
Web:         http://prospero.unm.edu/plugins/safechars.html
Description: Read and write text containing special characters
Implements:  @countsafe,@countsafex,@countunsafe,@countunsafex,@safecharsinfo,@safeclip,@safeclipw,@safeenv,@safeexp
,@safeline,@saferead,@safewrite,@unsafe,@unsafeesc,@uquotes,_amp,_bq,_caret,_closebrk,_closepat,_gt,_lt,_openbrk,_op
enpat,_pct,_quote,_vbar,safearray,safecharshelp,safeecho,safeechos,unsafe
Version:     1.9  Build 2
but @UQUOTE is not in the html file. It does appear, though, to be present
Code:
> which @uquotes
@uquotes is a plugin variable (SafeChars)

Is this @UQUOTE function the same as in plugin UCHARS?
Are @UCHAR, @UCODE, and @UCODEX in plugin UCHARS the same as the ones in TEXTUTILS?

I think they're functionally the same. There might be some trivial differences; I'd have to go through the code to say for sure.

UCHARS just seemed like a more logical place for those functions. So now the choice is whether to remove them from SafeChars, or keep them but de-document them, or just have duplicates in both. It's not very much code -- I think @UQUOTE is the only one that's more than a few lines -- so I'm inclined to keep them in both plugins.

Thanks. What I can take out of this, then, is that I really don't have to pay attention to what order the plugins are loaded.

I don't think that the load order matters any more, does it?
Code:
e:\utils>echo %@safechars$uquotes["Never use a GUI to do a shell's work!" said Tom commandingly.]
"Never use a GUI to do a shell’s work!" said Tom commandingly.

e:\utils>echo %@textutils$uquotes["Never use a GUI to do a shell's work!" said Tom commandingly.]
"Never use a GUI to do a shell’s work!" said Tom commandingly.

This ability to specify a particular plugin to execute by prefixing the function / variable / command name with the plugin name and a $ was added in Version 19, according to the help file.

Joe

Last edited:
Back