Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Had to reinstall Win7 ...

May
... and I haven't dont any customization yet. I also haven't formally installed TCMD. I can run it (unregistered) from its old location. I made a shortcut to do so as admin and every time I start it, I get, from UAC, "Do you want to allow this program to make changes to this computer?".
What's that all about?

I think that just means that your shortcut is set to run Take Command with administrative privileges.

I think that just means that your shortcut is set to run Take Command with administrative privileges.
Well how the heck do I stop it without turning UAC off. I can't tolerate that crap a hundred times a day. Can't trusted apps be exempted from UAC?

Do you really need elevated / admin-privileges? if not, turn off "run as admin".
Perhaps it would make it easier if you install the software in a custom directory, e.g. c:\tools ( despite of "c:\program files\...")
Create an alias "elevate" if you really need admin-privileges.
UAC in W7 is really bothersome ... but it has it's advantages, wad.
I have the same situation every day with ws2k8r2 and different software. It is really annoying.

And if you really do need admin rights, consider keeping TCC running so that you're not constantly restarting it.

I found that setting "Minimize on Close" and turning off "Close if no tabs exist" helped break me of my habit of closing TCC when I'm done with it, negating the need to constantly restart it.

Do you really need elevated / admin-privileges? if not, turn off "run as admin".
Perhaps it would make it easier if you install the software in a custom directory, e.g. c:\tools ( despite of "c:\program files\...")
Create an alias "elevate" if you really need admin-privileges.
UAC in W7 is really bothersome ... but it has it's advantages, wad.
I have the same situation every day with ws2k8r2 and different software. It is really annoying.

Can I elevate an already running TCC?