Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hide window

Apr
Hello!
With "Directory Monitor 2" TCC works great now!
What is the best way to hide windows pop-up e.g. when copy or move commands werde done?
Thanks a lot!
Christian

What is "Directory Monitor 2" and what does it have to do with TCC?

"
Monitor and detect who is making changes to your directories and network shares in real-time.
Directory Monitor can be used for the surveillance of directories and/or network shares and will notify you of file changes, access, deletions, modifications, new files and inactivity in real-time. Users and processes making the changes can also be detected. Directory Monitor also provides text logs, automation via script/application execution, emailing, writing to a database, sound notifications, printing and more.

Download Directory Monitor
"

If "Directory Monitor" is starting TCC and he doesn't want to see the console window, he can

1. Start TCC with the /H option. /H = hidden, but TCC has to hide its own console window, so the console will probably be visible for an instant.
2. Find a GUI app to start TCC hidden (CreateProcess, STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW, SW_HIDE). If "Directory Monitor" doesn't have such an option, it needs one.
3. Use EDITBIN.EXE to create a "subsystem:windows" (i.e., not subsystem:console) copy of TCC.EXE.

FWIW, TCC has (built-in) FOLDERMONITOR. And My 4THREADS plugin has WATCHDIR. Both can monitor folders, including those specified by UNC paths.

Thanks a lot! I tried also FolderMonitor but the different features of Directory Monitor are the reason why I used this program. It works well together :-)