Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

history features.

May
I post here because maybe some features that I would like to see in TCC already exist and I do not know them.
Otherwise, I will post them into suggestions.
If I press PgUp, it appears a window with all commands.
If I type for example dism and then press PgUp, it appears a window with all lines that start with dism.
Is this beautiful feature in the help?
Anyway, when there is the pop-up window I would like to be able to do a copy to paste for example in notepad.
Is it possible?
Also, I would like to see in the history also the directory in which I was working when I type a command.
Also, is it possible?

Thank You very much and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

If I press PgUp, it appears a window with all commands.
If I type for example dism and then press PgUp, it appears a window with all lines that start with dism.
Is this beautiful feature in the help?

Yes, it's documented on the "Command History Window" page:

"You can view a "filtered" history window by typing some characters on the command line, then pressing PgUp or PgDn. Only those commands matching the typed characters will be displayed in the window."

Anyway, when there is the pop-up window I would like to be able to do a copy to paste for example in notepad.
Is it possible?

Yes - if you want to copy a single command, select the command and press Ctrl-E (or click on the Edit icon). Then copy what you want to the clipboard in the usual fashion. If you want to copy the entire history, "history > clip:".

Also, I would like to see in the history also the directory in which I was working when I type a command.
Also, is it possible?

No.

Yes - if you want to copy a single command, select the command and press Ctrl-E (or click on the Edit icon). Then copy what you want to the clipboard in the usual fashion. If you want to copy the entire history, "history > clip:".
Ctrl-e-a-c ... Esc ... Esc works nicely.

Yes, it's documented on the "Command History Window" page:

"You can view a "filtered" history window by typing some characters on the command line, then pressing PgUp or PgDn. Only those commands matching the typed characters will be displayed in the window."

No.
Thank You and regards.

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

The history itself stores only the commands; it you run the same command from 2 directories, you may have only 1 entry (it depends on the configuration in Options / TCC / Command Line / History).
LOG/H could help you. It doesn't store the directory along with the command, but it stores the CD command in the history.

On my pc it works, as Rex Conn said, it copies only one line.
Is this what You meant or on Your pc it copies All?

Thank You and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti
It only copies one line. E gets you in edit mode, A selects all (the whole line), and C copies.