1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

History settings

Discussion in 'Support' started by element, Jun 21, 2008.

1. element

1) How do I change the font type and size in the history window (PgUp/PgDown) and the dir window (Ctrl-PgUp/Ctrl-PgDown)? The one I get is big and clunky.

2) In the option dialog, I see 2 separate pointers to history files: under Startup tab/Logging/History check box/File, as well as Command Line tab/History File. Same thing goes for directory files. Why the duplication? Is there a functional difference in what these files record?

3) Is there a way to set a size limit on TCC's log files (history log, error log, dir log, history file, etc), so that older entries are expunged regularly? My command log is growing fast. I see the History Buffer Sizes setting, but I assume it applies to the local memory buffer, not log files.

2. vefatica

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 18:36:52 -0500, you wrote:

I think it's supposed to be the same size as the font in the tab window.

The second one you mentioned is automatically saved/loaded at shutdown/startup.

I don't think so. My history file is 8 MB. I prevent a lot of ordinary stuff
    from getting logged via the HistoryExclude environment variable (DIR, CD, CDD,
    CSL, ...). And I periodically sort the file and get rid of duplicates. It's
    nice that it contains stuff going back years. It was created in 2004 and I have
    never emptied it.