1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotkeys for copy/paste do not work in BDEBUGGER

Discussion in 'Support' started by samintz, Apr 1, 2014.

1. samintz

samintz Scott Mintz

When I highlight text and hit Ctrl+C and then try to paste that text using Ctrl+V in the watch window, nothing happens. Selecting the Copy or Paste options from the context menu works. Note that the context menus indicate that Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V are the hot keys.

upload_2014-4-1_14-23-29.png

I am running 16.01.45 x64.
    -Scott

Attached Files:

2. Steve Fabian

While this does not resolve your complaint, but when a highlighted variable in the BDEBUGGER listing is to be entered in the watch list, the keystroke alt-D followed by A (listed under "Add to Watch") will do the job.

3. samintz

samintz Scott Mintz

I had a couple of variables that were no longer needed, so I just wanted to paste over them to replace them. "Add to Watch" puts the highlighted text into the first open spot.

4. Steve Fabian

Maybe we should "feedback" a) "Drop from Watch" (a key) and b) scheme to reorder watch list (e.g., move up/move down).

5. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

The context menu you're showing is for the edit window (where ^C and ^V do work), not for the watch window (where they are not supported).