Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How can I prove it???

I have a continuing problem that when I open TCC immediately after signing in to Windows 10, the first instantiation is a squib. I have no disk indicated and I cannot go further. The only thing that I can do is kill the instance with the upper right corner button and try again, which always seems to work. This has been consistent for the last year or so, but every time I write about it you come back that you cannot duplicate this. It is not world-shaking but it is a PAIN!!! How can I prove it to you?

I never use TC and I start TCC from an icon on the desktop. I always run TCC full screen. I run TCC as Administrator. This only happens immediately after starting Windows and does not occur if I sign out of TCC and start it again. What should I do???

My machine has dual XEON processors and 64 GB of RAM and lots of TB of disk and usually runs 24x7 so this only occurs occasionally, like when I update Windows which occurs weekly these days. What should I do?????

Does it happen if you sign out / sign in without restarting Windows? Is the desktop icon set to run elevated; do you get a UAC prompt when you use it? What's in your TCSTART.BTM? Is it any better if you wait a few minutes after a restart and before trying to run TCC?

It only happens if I restart Windows, not if I sign out of Take Command. I always run as Administrator so I get the UAC prompt when starting TCC..Where is TCSTART.BTM? I cannot find it. I looked in my 4NT10 folder where the app exists and in ProgramData/JP Software and the subordinate folders. I never tried waiting but that defeats the whole purpose; I can kill the squib and retry in less time. And thanks for the reply.

In TCC Version 25, you can use TCEDIT to work with the TCSTART.BTM

From the command line;
Code:
tcedit /start

Joe

You could use the Windows Steps Recorder for proof.

Just run it *after* you restart Windows, but *before* you start TCC, and it will record everything that you do, which you can then send to JPSoft.

Joe

It only happens if I restart Windows, not if I sign out of Take Command. I always run as Administrator so I get the UAC prompt when starting TCC..Where is TCSTART.BTM? I cannot find it. I looked in my 4NT10 folder where the app exists and in ProgramData/JP Software and the subordinate folders. I never tried waiting but that defeats the whole purpose; I can kill the squib and retry in less time. And thanks for the reply.
You wouldn't have a TCSTART.BTM unless you made it yourself. It's a BTM that's automatically run when TCC starts.

Of the "Application Information" service (Appinfo), SERVICES.MSC says
Facilitates the running of interactive applications with additional administrative privileges. If this service is stopped, users will be unable to launch applications with the additional administrative privileges they may require to perform desiredd user tasks.

Here, when Windows is freshly started, Appinfo starts about 20 seconds after logon. Perhaps your problem has something to so with that service.

Back