1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How cut in TCC tab window

Discussion in 'Support' started by David Marcus, Nov 4, 2016.

1. David Marcus

If I have a Take Command tab window running TCC, how do I cut text using the keyboard? I see the Edit > Cut menu item. Hovering says the keyboard shortcut is Shift-Del. But, if I use the keyboard to highlight text on the command line, "Cut" is dimmed, as it is if I right-click. Pressing Shift-Del does nothing (both for the Delete key and Del on the number pad). If I highlight text with the mouse, it is still dimmed.

If I run TCC in its own window and select properties, I have "Enable Ctrl key shortcuts" and "Extended text selection keys" unchecked, if that matters.

TCC 20.00.21 x64 Windows 10 [Version 6.3.14393]

2. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

You can only cut text on the command line, not elsewhere on the screen (Windows limitation, not TCC).

3. David Marcus

I am trying to cut text on the command line. I type some text. I cursor left. I hold down Shift. I cursor left some more. The text is highlighted. Now, how do I cut? Shift-Del does nothing. "Cut" is dimmed in the menu.

4. vefatica

Same experiment here ... Win7/32 ... both Shift-Del and the menu's "Cut" work.

5. dcantor

Same here.
    TCC 20.00.25 x64 Windows 10 [Version 6.3.14393]
    Both methods work.

6. David Marcus

Today, it is working for me, too. A mystery.