How do I buy and register Version 15?

Feb 21, 2009
I did not see anywhere on the site that allowed me to buy an update. The normal update thingie says it is Version 14. ?????

Next, I saw someplace that Version 15 is a FREE update for licensed copies of Version 14. I would think that this means that I could just use my Version 14 license info, BUT on the Options screen there is no tab for entering the license data. ?????

Harvey

Feb 21, 2009
I did not see anywhere on the site that allowed me to buy an update. The normal update thingie says it is Version 14. ?????

Next, I saw someplace that Version 15 is a FREE update for licensed copies of Version 14. I would think that this means that I could just use my Version 14 license info, BUT on the Options screen there is no tab for entering the license data. ?????

Harvey
Version 15 is in beta. Version 14 is still the current release.

OK.

Harvey

Expansion of what I wrote. I use only TCC, not TC. It is the TCC Options screen that is lacking the Registration tab. I started up TC for the first time ever and the Options screen there DOES have a Registration tab.

Harvey

rconn

Administrator
Staff member
May 14, 2008
Expansion of what I wrote. I use only TCC, not TC. It is the TCC Options screen that is lacking the Registration tab. I started up TC for the first time ever and the Options screen there DOES have a Registration tab.

The registration tab was removed from TCC's OPTION dialog. (See the "What's New" section in the help.)

rconn

Administrator
Staff member
May 14, 2008
Btw. why did you do that (i.e. removing the registration tab from TCC)? Any intentions to drop TCC in favor of TCmd?

There is no intention of dropping TCC. (TCMD couldn't replace it; TCMD is just the tabbed console interface. It doesn't have a command processor.)

It was removed from TCC to (1) reduce the size of TCC; (2) speed up the loading and initialization of TCC, and (3) put the registration checks in one place instead of spread across three apps (TCC, TCMD, and IDE).

Aug 16, 2008
@Rex

Btw. why did you do that (i.e. removing the registration tab from TCC)? Any intentions to drop TCC in favor of TCmd?

There are more than a dozen alternatives to Tcmd on Windows but none for TCC. No one would pay for Tcmd (without TCC).

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Alpengreis How to? Installed v18 Beta - how buy/register? Support 2
jason404 I would like to buy TCC x64 Support 1
P Take Command 24 will not register Support 2
Eric Peters New Computer, unable to register Support 3
A Unable to register TC23 Support 1
P How to? Register offline? Support 1
K Unable to register TakeCommand Support 4
W Unable to register TCMD v21 Support 16
John Daly can't register TCC Support 14
fishman@panix.com Do you really have to be connected to the Internet to register? Support 1
SB-Robert Old 4NT Won't Register - Options? Support 8
Phileosophos Fixed Register for all users doesn't register for all users Support 10
S How to? Register all JPsoft products at once Support 1
joltcoder Receiving timeouts when attempting to register software. Support 4
ehab aboudaya Random Register reminder on new tab annoyance Support 4
vefatica IsLicense50.dll failed to register Support 14
millardjk Register TC13 for all users? Support 12
S Cant register version 13.00 Support 4
Y Unable to register v13. Support 1
C Cannot register v12.10 without Internet access Support 19
K Refuses to register Support 3
noahcoad Register from Command Line Support 1
mscheuner TCMD 8 - cannot register on Vista x64 Support 0
D Version 28 LIBRARY changes have side effects Support 1
Dmitry L. Kobyakov How to? How to remove the record of the old version of the Take Command? Support 9
D Documentation WebHelp lands at version 26 Support 4
fishman@panix.com HELP!! I just updated to Version 28 and as usual I cannot make extended directory search work. Support 2
T Take Command 28: Lua reports version 5.4.0 (5.4.3 expected) Support 0
S Issues with version v26.02.42 x64 Support 0
Joe Caverly Documentation COMMANDS in Version 27 help Support 8
C version help Support 3
R Inconsistency in @version's use of quotes Support 2
thorntonpg What is the latest version of everything Support 1
S Windows Server version not being detected correctly in TCMD 26RC2 Support 9
D Which is the latest version for Windows XP? Support 2
gentzel "Check for Updates" appears to be checking for old version Support 2
D Fixed @VERSION does not increment pre-fixed version numbers. Support 1
nikbackm TCMD 25 - Unregister older TCMD version Support 2
Stefan Hassel Installation file TC 24.02 Build 47 is actually version 25.00.1 Support 10
Joe Caverly What version and Windows OS are you using? Support 3
Dmitry L. Kobyakov From old version: had the setup's error been corrected? Support 6
R How to? Compare executables' version/build # including 123.456.789.01 Support 10
RChrismon How to? Copy TCMD.INI to New Version Support 7
vefatica Windows 10 version number? Support 6
H @ceiling @floor @int not working version 21.01.63 Support 9
B Everything version in Take Command build 39? Support 3
G Version 20.11 installed on Windows 10 problems Support 9
M ANSI is used to show files instead of OEM in version 17 to 19 ! Support 5
E How to? Create a portable version of TCMD to use on other computers w/o installation Support 4
C 21b47 version[] Support 4