Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How do I buy and register Version 15?

I did not see anywhere on the site that allowed me to buy an update. The normal update thingie says it is Version 14. ?????

Next, I saw someplace that Version 15 is a FREE update for licensed copies of Version 14. I would think that this means that I could just use my Version 14 license info, BUT on the Options screen there is no tab for entering the license data. ?????

Harvey

I did not see anywhere on the site that allowed me to buy an update. The normal update thingie says it is Version 14. ?????

Next, I saw someplace that Version 15 is a FREE update for licensed copies of Version 14. I would think that this means that I could just use my Version 14 license info, BUT on the Options screen there is no tab for entering the license data. ?????

Harvey
Version 15 is in beta. Version 14 is still the current release.

OK.

Harvey

Expansion of what I wrote. I use only TCC, not TC. It is the TCC Options screen that is lacking the Registration tab. I started up TC for the first time ever and the Options screen there DOES have a Registration tab.

Harvey

@Rex

Btw. why did you do that (i.e. removing the registration tab from TCC)? Any intentions to drop TCC in favor of TCmd?

Btw. why did you do that (i.e. removing the registration tab from TCC)? Any intentions to drop TCC in favor of TCmd?

There is no intention of dropping TCC. (TCMD couldn't replace it; TCMD is just the tabbed console interface. It doesn't have a command processor.)

It was removed from TCC to (1) reduce the size of TCC; (2) speed up the loading and initialization of TCC, and (3) put the registration checks in one place instead of spread across three apps (TCC, TCMD, and IDE).

@Rex

There are more than a dozen alternatives to Tcmd on Windows but none for TCC. No one would pay for Tcmd (without TCC).