1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to? How do you launch TCC/LE using the already-open instance?

Discussion in 'Support' started by aliteralmind, Dec 9, 2014.

1. aliteralmind

Is it possible to execute TCC/LE using the already-open (or *any* already-open) instance?

I don't see any relavant startup options. It would be great to be able to do this.

2. Charles Dye

Charles Dye Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Not sure what you're asking for here. The START command with no options will launch a new copy of the current shell in a new console window. To launch a new copy in the same console, you can use "%_CMDSPEC" (create an alias if you use it often).

3. aliteralmind

I'm looking for a command to launch the currently-open TCC/LE window from an external application. I want to (re)open the console, run a script, and then stay open so I can do more stuff. It's currently opening a new instance and then quickly shutting down.

At least, it needs to stay open after the script executes. At best, I'd like to recycle already-open instances of TCC/LE.

Is this possible?

4. Charles Dye

Charles Dye Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I think maybe you're looking for the /C and /K options. /C runs a command and then Closes the shell; /K runs a command and Keeps it open.

5. vefatica

You can't communicate with an already-running TCC from another app. You can start a new TCC but exactly how it starts (new console/same console as app that's starting it) depends on how the app starts it. If you manage to start it to your satisfaction, using the arguments "/K scriptname" will leave it running after executing the script.

6. aliteralmind

Thanks to you both.