Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? How do you launch TCC/LE using the already-open instance?

Jul
Is it possible to execute TCC/LE using the already-open (or *any* already-open) instance?

I don't see any relavant startup options. It would be great to be able to do this.

Is it possible to execute TCC/LE using the already-open (or *any* already-open) instance?

I don't see any relavant startup options. It would be great to be able to do this.

Not sure what you're asking for here. The START command with no options will launch a new copy of the current shell in a new console window. To launch a new copy in the same console, you can use "%_CMDSPEC" (create an alias if you use it often).

I'm looking for a command to launch the currently-open TCC/LE window from an external application. I want to (re)open the console, run a script, and then stay open so I can do more stuff. It's currently opening a new instance and then quickly shutting down.

At least, it needs to stay open after the script executes. At best, I'd like to recycle already-open instances of TCC/LE.

Is this possible?

I'm looking for a command to launch the currently-open TCC/LE window from an external application. I want to (re)open the console, run a script, and then stay open so I can do more stuff. It's currently opening a new instance and then quickly shutting down.

I think maybe you're looking for the /C and /K options. /C runs a command and then Closes the shell; /K runs a command and Keeps it open.

You can't communicate with an already-running TCC from another app. You can start a new TCC but exactly how it starts (new console/same console as app that's starting it) depends on how the app starts it. If you manage to start it to your satisfaction, using the arguments "/K scriptname" will leave it running after executing the script.