Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to enable \ with tab completion

Jul
Been spending all my time on Linux, but finally updated V11 to V25. I managed to configure V11 to append \ with tab completion for directory names. Consider:

This states that if a directory is found, it will append \

I fired up TakeCommand 25, used "cd s<tag>" and it expands out my directory without the \

I used Options > Take Command > Windows and I checked "Add "\" to directories. Nothing, so I did the same with Options > TCC > Command Line and that also caused no change in the behavior.

Did I just miss something?

I used Options > Take Command > Windows and I checked "Add "\" to directories. Nothing, so I did the same with Options > TCC > Command Line and that also caused no change in the behavior.
I don't know what that option does for TakeCommand, but it should work as you wish if you go to Options\TCC\CommandLine and check "Add '\' to directories". You can also get there by issuing the command "OPTION" at the TCC command line ... go to the CommandLine tab.

I thought that I had restarted at least once, but I was in the midst of working through the changes. A restart this time and it works as expected. SO thanks for that Charles Dye.

By the way, was not aware I could just enter "option" from the command line. Been a while since I spent significant time in Windows. TakeCommand relieves much of that pain. Now I just need to remember all those tricks and aliases I used to use so frequently. Thanks Vefatica.

This is a good time to point out: The Option dialog, which you get by typing OPTION at the command line, and the configuration dialog that you access through the Take Command menu (Options/TCC) are not the same!

The first one affects the current shell, and most changes you make take place immediately.

The second allows you to set defaults for new shells. It does not affect currently running shells.