Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to get a TC interface instead of a console for .btm, .bat, ?

May
After successfully running tccbatch, when I double click a .bat file, I get a console host window.

I can run TC - and if I have "automatically attach consoles" setting on, it will grab the console into a tab.

But how can I make it always start TC in the first place?

Where would I find such a file?
Code:
 Directory of  C:\Program Files\JP Software\Take Command x64 15.01\*.btm

1/09/2013  13:13          1,002  tccbatch.btm
4/03/2013  9:12          1,170  tcchere.btm
1/09/2013  13:13          1,272  tcctabhere.btm
4/03/2013  9:17          1,204  tcmdhere.btm
            4,648 bytes in 4 files and 0 dirs    16,384 bytes allocated
I could probably synthesize a tcmdbatch.btm, but I assume there is one provided someplace?

NOTE: code-blocks in the forum should default to a fixed-space font (lucida console?)

NOTE: code-blocks in the forum should default to a fixed-space font (lucida console?)

I'm pretty sure that it is a monospaced font. Only problem is that sometimes it loses spaces in the pasted text.

We don't have a DWIM editor - you need to inform it where a code block starts or ends. You can do this with the modified HTML tags
Code:
 and
, respectively. I do wish though that shortcut keys were available...

He did use a CODE block. I don't know why those columns don't quite line up, but it may be relevant that the missing spaces happen in rows containing a time with a one-digit hour.

I just copied / pasted from a TCC window. I assumed the misalignment was due to variable width font - but apparently that's not the case. Not sure what caused it?

Sorry, I responded to the posted message, and failed to "escape" the "code" / "/code" format tags, thus creating a hard to read post.

I always use ISO timestamps, never seen this vertical misalignment. However, I have seen leading and multiple space suppression, but do not recall exact circumstances.

So this thread becomes:

[BUG] tcmdbatch.btm IS MISSING FROM TC 15.01
Code:
Directory of  C:\Program Files\JP Software\Take Command x64 15.01\*.btm

1/09/2013  13:13          1,002  tccbatch.btm
4/03/2013  9:12          1,170  tcchere.btm
1/09/2013  13:13          1,272  tcctabhere.btm
4/03/2013  9:17          1,204  tcmdhere.btm
            4,648 bytes in 4 files and 0 dirs    16,384 bytes allocated

I have a version that came with TCMD 13. Here it is. Copy this to TCMDBatch.btm.
Code:
@echo off
rem  TCMDBatch.btm
rem  This batch file associates .BAT, .BTM, and .CMD files to Take Command

iff %_dosver ge 6.0 then
    echo If you are running Windows Vista, you must first start a Take Command
    echo session as an administrator (right click on the TCMD icon and select
    echo "Run as administrator") echo and then run TCMDBatch.btm in that session.
endiff

echo.
echos Do you want to make Take Command the default handler for .BAT files [Y/N] ?
inkey /k"yn[enter]" %%var

iff "%var" eq "y" then
assoc .bat=batfile
ftype batfile="%@path[%_cmdspec]tcmd.exe" /c "%%1" %%*
endiff

echo.
echos Do you want to make Take Command the default handler for .BTM files [Y/N] ?

iff "%var" eq "y" then
assoc .btm=TCMD.Batch
ftype TCMD.Batch="%@path[%_cmdspec]tcmd.exe" /c "%%1" %%*
endiff

echo.
echos Do you want to make Take Command the default handler for .CMD files [Y/N] ?

iff "%var" eq "y" then
assoc .cmd=cmdfile
ftype cmdfile="%@path[%_cmdspec]tcmd.exe" /c "%%1" %%*
endiff