Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to get Administrative privileges

I am running a Windows user account with administrative privileges.

But when I enter the command: fsutil.exe behavior query DisableDeleteNotify

Take Command responds: The FSUTIL utility requires that you have administrative privileges.

What is going on here? The Windows command prompt behaves the same.

I don't see anything helpful in your help file.

I am a long term user of Take Command (currently version 20.00.20 x64) running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

Thanks in advance,m
Michael Bate

How are you starting Take Command? (Or CMD.EXE, for that matter.) Double-clicking on a shortcut? If so, right-click on it and choose "Run as administrator" instead.

If you usually want admin privileges, you can also modify the shortcut to start that way automatically. Look in the shortcut's properties, on the "Shortcut" tab, for the button that says "Advanced..."

Shortcut-admin-privs.png

Having a privilege is one thing; the privilege being enabled is quite another. It's common for admins to have privileges that are not enabled. A good example is the SE_SYSTEMTIME_NAME privilege. Admins have that privilege but it's not enabled. And as far as I know, it's enabled in elevated sessions, and unelevated sessions cannot enable it.

Back