Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to get color into file names?

Jul
I have a command string for color left over from 4nt.

It is:
ColorDir=dirs:bri blu on whi; com exe bat btm sys:bri gre; zip ar* lzh rpm:bri red; jp* gif bmp tif*:bri mag; bak:bri blu;doc nfo lba who:
; StdColors bri whi on blu

Is there a way to incorporate this into tcmd and tcc terminals?

My guess is it goes into either tcmd.ini (and tcc.ini?) or 4start.btm
but I have been told not to mess with the ini files.

Didn't see much in TakeCommand.pdf

Larry

I have a command string for color left over from 4nt.

It is:
ColorDir=dirs:bri blu on whi; com exe bat btm sys:bri gre; zip ar* lzh rpm:bri red; jp* gif bmp tif*:bri mag; bak:bri blu;doc nfo lba who:
; StdColors bri whi on blu

My guess is it goes into either tcmd.ini (and tcc.ini?) or 4start.btm
but I have been told not to mess with the ini files.

You could do it either in the .INI file (as a directive) or through TCSTART (as an environment variable.) Probably the easiest way is to use OPTION.

Type OPTION and press Enter; a configuration dialog will pop up. Select the second tab, "Windows", and look for a box labelled "Colors". The last item in that box is a field labelled "Directory Colors". Copy everything after the equals sign from your original line, and paste it into the "Directory Colors" field. Click on OK, and you're done.

This should get you started:

From the command line, type OPTION
Under the Windows tab, paste your color settings (what follows "ColorDir=" above) into the text box beside "Directory Colors".

It looks to me like the color values after "who:" are missing
--
Peter

You could do it either in the .INI file (as a directive) or through TCSTART (as an environment variable.) Probably the easiest way is to use OPTION.

Type OPTION and press Enter; a configuration dialog will pop up. Select the second tab, "Windows", and look for a box labelled "Colors". The last item in that box is a field labelled "Directory Colors". Copy everything after the equals sign from your original line, and paste it into the "Directory Colors" field. Click on OK, and you're done.

Thanks Charles and Peter.

Pasting it into Options > Windows > Directory Colors worked just fine.

I think green is the color for executables.
I'll check the others against Linux colors so they are the same.

I'm now basically through the first round of tweaking Windows.

BTW, I found a nice way to add my comments to aliases with no problem.
Just put an &:: before the comment - the & prepares for a new command
which is actually the :: comment. Gives me a nice compact look to my
alias.lst.

Larry