Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to make a shortcut of force quitting the program using Command Prompt?

Feb
I've seen multiple ways of force quitting *programs* , but sometimes, Task Manager freezes or doesn't respond at all, is there a way to bind a shortcut of force quitting the current program you're on without using Task Manager?

EDIT*: Replaced "Command Prompt" with "programs"

Last edited:
Look up usage of TaskEnd...

taskend /?
End the specified process.

TASKEND [/F] pid | name | "title"
/F(orce close)
pid : process ID
name : process name
"title" : window title

[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD21]which taskend
taskend is an internal command

Look up usage of TaskEnd...

taskend /?
End the specified process.

TASKEND [/F] pid | name | "title"
/F(orce close)
pid : process ID
name : process name
"title" : window title

[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD21]which taskend
taskend is an internal command

I meant bind as a keyboard shortcut to ending the current program by using the Command Prompt method.

I meant bind as a keyboard shortcut to ending the current program by using the Command Prompt method.

If the current TCC appears to be hung, you can't.

You could however build a script that would launch when a hot key is pressed. That script could populate a @select and allow you select the task to kill using Taskend.
-Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the current TCC appears to be hung, you can't.

You could however build a script that would launch when a hot key is pressed. That script could populate a @select and allow you select the task to kill using Taskend.
-Scott

Sounds like something you have actual done already. Care to share the actual code with us mere mortals? :smile:

At this point the posts have gone beyond CMD and this thread should probably be continued in the Support forum.

I've seen multiple ways of force quitting *programs* , but sometimes, Task Manager freezes or doesn't respond at all,
Which in turn means the PSAPI (programming API that is used to manage processes) is not responding and you will not be able to tomely use it in any other program just the same way taskmanager hangs.

Back