Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to Suppress "Removing Directory" Messages

Sep
I recently upgraded from Take Command v9 to v11 (Build 52). I notice there's a new behavior that creates a problem for me.

I have several batch files that delete all files and directories within a subdirectory. The delete statements uses the /T flag to suppress the listing of individual FILES being deleted. In v9, this also resulted in the suppression of the listing of individual DIRECTORIES being deleted. However, in v11, a line appears for every directory deleted regardless of the flag. Hundreds of "removing <directory name>" lines appear in my console window, hiding information I need to see or forcing it to scroll off beyond the end of my scrollback buffer.

In v11, how do I suppress the listing of each individual DIRECTORY that gets deleted?

My full delete statement is:

del /e /k /s /t /x /y /z <subdirectory name>

Thanks.

<directory name="">In v11, how do I suppress the listing of each individual DIRECTORY that gets deleted?
<subdirectory name="">

/Q will suppress the "Removing" lines. (It will also suppress the final summary. If you want to see the summary but not the subdirectories removed, I think you'll need to filter the output through FIND or similar.)

</subdirectory></directory>

<directory name="">

In v11, how do I suppress the listing of each individual DIRECTORY that gets deleted?

My full delete statement is:

del /e /k /s /t /x /y /z <subdirectory name="">

Thanks.

I would use </subdirectory></directory>
Code:
del /e /k /s /t /x /y /z > nul
<directory name=""><subdirectory name=""> after the command to not see any console output. If, in your case, you want to see certain output, this would not be a solution for you.

Joe

</subdirectory></directory>

/Q will suppress the "Removing" lines. (It will also suppress the final summary. If you want to see the summary but not the subdirectories removed, I think you'll need to filter the output through FIND or similar.)
Filtering it through FIND worked great. Thanks!