1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IDE dies without starting

Discussion in 'Support' started by millardjk, Jun 5, 2009.

1. millardjk

I've got an XPSP2 machine that runs TCMD/TCC just fine, except for the IDE. I can attempt to use the command line ("ide" or "bdebugger") or the ide.exe directly, but it fails with no error: the prompt returns without fanfare.

I've checked my aliases: "which" comes back with "ide is an internal command".

The only way it will run--and even then, only occasionally and not repeatably--is when I click the 'edit/debug' button on the TCMD Explorer Bar.

I've not noted this problem on any other system.

2. yakir

3. yakir

Problem fixed in TCC V11 beta

4. LMacNeill

I have exactly the problem described by Yakir. References to it are so rare that I wondered if I was the only one. I'd like to know what made my computer so unusual.

Does this mean that version 10 will not be patched and that a debugger will require an upgrade?

5. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

I didn't change anything in the debugger startup code for v11; it just started working for Yakir.

Since the problem has never been reproducible, there's not much I can do for v10.