Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? Identify 64-bit and 32-bit TCC sessions...

May
First, I have a 64-bit machine, and I generally run TCC in 64-bit mode. However, as I'm sure everyone knows, most plugins only run in 32-bit TCC sessions, so if I want/need the services of many plugins I have to run 32-bit TCC sessions. Second, I have things set up so that the PID of every TCC session appears in its title bar. Now I'd like to do something similar for the mode - have something in the title bar that indicates whether a given TCC session is in 64- or 32-bit mode. Is there any way to achieve this goal?

Thank you Dave, that's exactly what I was looking for. Searching documentation is kind of a problem for me because of my partial blindness.

And Charles, you are, of course correct. Thank you for not making me dig around for a long time trying to figure out why it wasn't working.

Rex:
This is more a very far forward looking suggestion. Maybe the relevant variable's name should be _registersize (it really ought to be "_wordsize", as "word" is defined in the standards as the largest unit of a single storage access, but MS defined it long ago as 16b, and larger units have special names, like dword, lword, etc.). The value should be the number of bits in integer arithmetic registers. This name would never have to change when 128-bit or 256-b registers become available (not that more than 0.1% of all programs could be improved by such large register sizes).

Rex:
This is more a very far forward looking suggestion. Maybe the relevant variable's name should be _registersize (it really ought to be "_wordsize", as "word" is defined in the standards as the largest unit of a single storage access, but MS defined it long ago as 16b, and larger units have special names, like dword, lword, etc.). The value should be the number of bits in integer arithmetic registers.

The "%_x64" internal variable simply identifies that you're running the x64 version Take Command. It doesn't have anything to do with the CPU register size.