.INI file directives

Jun 3, 2008
27
0
Can anyone tell me if there is a section of the TCC v.9 help file
where I can find a comprehensive list of .ini file directives?

I can't seem to find anything like that.

Thanks
--
At first they laugh at you, then they ignore you, then they fight you, then you win.
 
May 20, 2008
603
0
Sammamish, WA
Back in May, Rex said

"All .INI directives are in OPTION except for the debugging and the
key remapping directives."

He discourages using the .INI file directly, I believe.

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 9:49 AM, JP Software Forums <neil@jpsoft.com> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if there is a section of the TCC v.9 help file
> where I can find a comprehensive list of .ini file directives?
>
> I can't seem to find anything like that.
>
> Thanks
> --
> At first they laugh at you, then they ignore you, then they fight you, then you win.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>



--
2008 Fridays: 4/4, 6/6, 8/8, 10/10, 12/12 and 5/9, 9/5, 7/11, 11/7.
Next year they're Saturday.
Measure wealth by the things you have for which you would not take money.
 
Jun 3, 2008
27
0
>On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 9:49 AM, JP Software Forums <neil@jpsoft.com> wrote:
>
>
>---Quote---
>> Can anyone tell me if there is a section of the TCC v.9 help file
>> where I can find a comprehensive list of .ini file directives?
>>
>> I can't seem to find anything like that.
>>
>> Thanks

P.S. The reason I'm asking is I would like to experiment with changing
OPTION directives temporarily at the command line, using something
like

option //directive=value

so that the new settings will take effect immediately, and will be in
effect for the current session only.

I was wondering if there was a comprehensive list and explanation of
directives in some single location.
--
At first they laugh at you, then they ignore you, then they fight you, then you win.
 
May 20, 2008
3,515
4
Elkridge, MD, USA
vpdura wrote:
...
| P.S. The reason I'm asking is I would like to experiment with changing
| OPTION directives temporarily at the command line, using something
| like
|
| option //directive=value
|
| so that the new settings will take effect immediately, and will be in
| effect for the current session only.
|
| I was wondering if there was a comprehensive list and explanation of
| directives in some single location.

Not anymore. As Jim Cook explained, Rex "deprecates" the changing of any
options in any manner other than using the option dialog. His explanation is
that incorrect settings made manually resulted in a huge number of support
requests (i.e., telephone calls or emails to the support hotline by
customers with support contracts) which dropped very significantly by
dropping the list from the help files. The latest published list is in
version 8's help file, jphelp.chm.

I personally use the dynamic option changes in several batch programs, and
have aliases for a few, such as controlling the dynamic title updates (one
to enable and another to disable). Being a "control freak", I prefer to do
things strictly under my control, and not delegate the job to a program, but
I am in the minority.
--
Steve
 
Jun 3, 2008
27
0
On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 09:12:00 -0600, "JP Software Forums"
<neil@jpsoft.com>,Steve Fábián <> wrote Re RE:
[Support-t-634] .INI file directives:


>vpdura wrote:
>...
>| P.S. The reason I'm asking is I would like to experiment with changing
>| OPTION directives temporarily at the command line, using something
>| like
>|
>| option //directive=value
>|
>| so that the new settings will take effect immediately, and will be in
>| effect for the current session only.
>|
>| I was wondering if there was a comprehensive list and explanation of
>| directives in some single location.
>
>Not anymore. As Jim Cook explained, Rex "deprecates" the changing of any
>options in any manner other than using the option dialog. His explanation is
>that incorrect settings made manually resulted in a huge number of support
>requests (i.e., telephone calls or emails to the support hotline by
>customers with support contracts) which dropped very significantly by
>dropping the list from the help files. The latest published list is in
>version 8's help file, jphelp.chm.

Seems like a step back to me. Good for Rex, not so good for the
customers who buy the product because they want the detailed control
that it offers.
--
At first they laugh at you, then they ignore you, then they fight you, then you win.
 
Aug 7, 2009
50
0
vpdura wrote:
...
| P.S. The reason I'm asking is I would like to experiment with changing
| OPTION directives temporarily at the command line, using something
| like
|
| option //directive=value
|
| so that the new settings will take effect immediately, and will be in
| effect for the current session only.
|
| I was wondering if there was a comprehensive list and explanation of
| directives in some single location.

Not anymore. As Jim Cook explained, Rex "deprecates" the changing of any
options in any manner other than using the option dialog. His explanation is
that incorrect settings made manually resulted in a huge number of support
requests (i.e., telephone calls or emails to the support hotline by
customers with support contracts) which dropped very significantly by
dropping the list from the help files. The latest published list is in
version 8's help file, jphelp.chm.

I personally use the dynamic option changes in several batch programs, and
have aliases for a few, such as controlling the dynamic title updates (one
to enable and another to disable). Being a "control freak", I prefer to do
things strictly under my control, and not delegate the job to a program, but
I am in the minority.
--
Steve
Now this really angers me!!!

Have just upgraded, and wasted hours searching for the list of directives! Like others, I strongly believe that this control belongs in the hands of the users!

There is, I know, nothing that I can do about it. Just letting my frustration be known!!!
 
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
vefatica Documentation INI file location? Support 2
D Custom ini-file is not read, by tcmd.exe cli Support 6
cgunhouse Documentation Locating the TCMD.INI File Support 9
Jay Sage Toolbar Update to INI File Not Working Support 10
Jay Sage How to Determine INI File Used by TCMD Support 6
Jay Sage Unable to Specify INI File Support 19
A How to? TCC/LE: How do you add "edit-mode=insert" to ini file? Support 9
D How to? Using a custom ini file with TCC from Take Command Support 7
Jay Sage Specified INI File Refuses to Run Support 3
deleyd How to? Alias in TCMD.INI file? Support 2
C multi-INI file merging Support 1
R location of .ini file Support 17
C starting tcmd with alternate INI file Support 15
Jay Sage Issue With Reloading Toolbar From INI File Support 0
S Wrong .INI file used by TCC Support 2
thedave Remove a section from an INI file Support 6
C where's the .ini file gone? Support 3
H Configuring the location of BATCH.BCP in the INI file Support 0
G Documentation on TCMD.INI Support 9
RChrismon How to? Copy TCMD.INI to New Version Support 7
Alpengreis Fixed New INI directive "ANSIWin10" is invalid Support 2
Alpengreis TCMD.INI: The "super hidden" problem ... Support 6
D Fresh instance of TCMD does not use TCMD.INI Support 7
C Optimum Placement for TCMD.ini and others? Support 6
D V19: toolbar /r "path\tctoolbar.ini" Support 1
B Fixed Error messages from TCMD.INI Support 2
C tcmd.ini not loading from program dir? Support 5
Detlef Fixed ParameterChar in TCMD.INI no longer working Support 35
cgunhouse TCMD.INI Issue Support 7
Fross TCC INI Support 2
T TCTOOLBAR /C & TCTOOLBAR /I should reload toolbar from TCMD.INI, right? Support 1
T TCC reading TCMD.INI causing "Invalid item name" warnings and pauses Support 2
D ini directives and @select example in Help Support 0
nickles Reload tcmd.ini from the command line Support 11
J Extended directory search - cure by renaming tcmd.ini Support 10
A How to? How to enable UTF-8 output in tcmd.ini Support 9
C Env vars in tcmd.ini Support 12
S Location of tcmd.ini in x64 Support 4
M HistoryExclude .INI directive Support 2
williamleara Specifying path to TCMD.INI causes issues Support 8
E Environment variable in tcmd.ini Support 14
R Toolbar - save to .INI Support 4
A How to Run the 4NT 8.02 .INI Key Version Support 3
Jay Sage Toolbar Problem with Reloading from INI Support 0
C Chaining INI for TCMD 8, 9, and 10 Support 1
H Edit/Debug menu item with alternate INI files Support 0
thorntonpg file explorer - short cut keys Support 1
JohnQSmith New online help file wrong logo Support 7
Jay Sage WAD Possible Bug With OPTION Command With @FILE Support 5
samintz How to? swap endianness in a binary file Support 12

Similar threads