Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Install Issue with 3rd Party Privelege Escalation

Jul
I have successfully upgraded to v15 on a few of my systems, but another one I use where I do not have full admin rights causes problems with installations and I have tried many different things to get it to work. I am close to getting it installed and working again currently, but get a "Host Not Found" after I've done a fresh install and during the registration dialogue. I've attached that image to this issue and no matter how i try (at installation, or starting tcmd and inputting it) I get the same error after completing the registration. If fails with the error and then continues to start in '30 day mode'. Here is the original scenario:

I have to use a product called Avecto to gain privilege escalation to get the permissions I need to be able to install software. Many packages I've installed work fine. However, V13 and V15 of TCMD start up and allow me to get as far as the 'enter install path' prompt and when it is filled in (with an existing path that is writeable by myself both with and without privilege escalation), the install just hangs and never goes further. I finally have to kill it and/or reboot to get it stopped.

I then tried using the "tcmd64.exe /extract" command to get to the .msi install. I then run the .msi with the privelege escalation program again and it seem to run to completion without error :). I try to register it during the first invocation and I've tried separate invocation and again try to complete the registration, but when I input it and I get the 'hostxxxx' error. Does anyone have any idea what that error represents and/or how to get the registration to complete or some registry keys to review to see if they are problematic from the partial installs in some way. I have installled/uninstalled several times and the last time i removed/renamed all JPxxxx folder in Program Files, Appdata,etc. after it was uninstalled. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• TCMD15HostNotFound.jpg
    TCMD15HostNotFound.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 245
Can't you right click on the installation program and select "Run as Administrator" ?

Other possibility is that you may not have permission to use a specific subkey branh of the windows reguistry. If htis is the issue - you might be able to ask Rex about a KEY file that tyou would put in the installation directoy and it wouild get the registered status that way.

I then tried using the "tcmd64.exe /extract" command to get to the .msi install. I then run the .msi with the privelege escalation program again and it seem to run to completion without error :). I try to register it during the first invocation and I've tried separate invocation and again try to complete the registration, but when I input it and I get the 'hostxxxx' error. Does anyone have any idea what that error represents and/or how to get the registration to complete or some registry keys to review to see if they are problematic from the partial installs in some way. I have installled/uninstalled several times and the last time i removed/renamed all JPxxxx folder in Program Files, Appdata,etc. after it was uninstalled. Any help would be appreciated.

That error means that something on your system is blocking Take Command's attempt to contact the registration server (perhaps your proxy server?). If you have a username & password for your proxy server, you can enter them on the Internet tab on the TCC OPTION dialog. If you don't have access to your proxy server, contact us directly ([email protected]) and we will send you a manual key.