Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Install Question

samintz

Scott Mintz
May
I notice that whenever I install a newer version of Tcmd V10 the installer does not remember where I installed it previously. I assume this is due to the fact that I chose not to remove older versions - i.e. side-by-side install.

However, I have 3 other versions of 4NT that I *need* to keep around. I have 4NT v3.02, 4NT 8.02, and 4DOS v7.50. Along side TC v10.0.

If I choose the option that will remove older versions, will I remove the ones I want to keep? Or will it only remove the previous version of TC 10? I have been afraid to select the "remove" option for fear that it would remove the versions I want to keep around.

-Scott

samintz wrote:

> I notice that whenever I install a newer version of Tcmd V10 the installer does not remember where I installed it previously. I assume this is due to the fact that I chose not to remove older versions - i.e. side-by-side install.
>
> However, I have 3 other versions of 4NT that I *need* to keep around. I have 4NT v3.02, 4NT 8.02, and 4DOS v7.50. Along side TC v10.0.
>
> If I choose the option that will remove older versions, will I remove the ones I want to keep? Or will it only remove the previous version of TC 10? I have been afraid to select the "remove" option for fear that it would remove the versions I want to keep around.

There is no way for the installer to know which existing directory to
use if you choose side-by-side. If you choose the option to remove
older versions, it will not remove older v10's (it already does that in
the side-by-side) -- it will remove a pre-v10 version. Which one is apt
to be semi-random, and out of my control. (Windows Installer will
choose according to its own arcane rules.)

Rex Conn
JP Software