1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installer

Discussion in 'Support' started by JohnQSmith, Jul 9, 2012.

1. JohnQSmith

Since the "option /u question" thread was locked before I could reply, here's a new thread.

No, it hasn't.

This is an upgrade install to 14.0.27. I clicked the combo box and it only shows where it wants to install the software (C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD14), not where the software was previously installed (C:\MyProgramFiles\JPSoft\TCMD14).

[​IMG]

And if I click the browse button, it puts me into the "Program Files" folder, not the "MyProgramFiles" folder.

[​IMG]

2. Fross

Interesting. If I do the major upgrade, then I have to re-input my desired location (c:\tcmd). However, for incremental upgrades, it's never the default on mine, but does show up in the dropdown. I wonder what's going on....

Michael

3. vefatica

Yeah, I noticed that too while messing with build 27. My previous install dir was not showing up in the drop-down box as it used to.

4. Steve Fabian

Build 27, when I downloaded its installer and ran it, offered only the default location in the drop-down box. Previous builds offered the actual V14 installation directory.

5. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

Nothing changed in the installer in build 27.

6. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

WAD -- the installer does not (cannot) show installation locations for previous major versions.