Issue with iPhone Mocha VNC to TCC

  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
#1
Take Command v9.02.151
TCC 9.02.151 Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
TCC Build 151 Windows XP Build 2600 Service Pack 3

I suspect this is the same issue that the sticky keys has, but when a
TCC tab is inside TC, shifted keys do not function. If I Detach Tab,
then everything appears to work just fine.

This is while using Mocha VNC from my iPhone. Perhaps their FAQ
http://mochasoft.dk/iphone_vnc_faq.htm#q15c addresses the concern.

I don't remember a work around for sticky keys. Is there new
information in this regard?

--
2008 Fridays: 4/4, 6/6, 8/8, 10/10, 12/12 and 5/9, 9/5, 7/11, 11/7.
Next year they're Saturday.
Measure wealth by the things you have for which you would not take money.
 

rconn

Administrator
Staff member
May 14, 2008
10,101
85
#2
Jim Cook wrote:


> I suspect this is the same issue that the sticky keys has, but when a
> TCC tab is inside TC, shifted keys do not function. If I Detach Tab,
> then everything appears to work just fine.
>
> This is while using Mocha VNC from my iPhone. Perhaps their FAQ
> http://mochasoft.dk/iphone_vnc_faq.htm#q15c addresses the concern.
>
> I don't remember a work around for sticky keys. Is there new
> information in this regard?
The workaround for sticky keys is to use the command input window. Try
that and let me know if it works for you.

Rex Conn
JP Software
 
#3
Sent from Cookie's iPhone

On Aug 13, 2008, at 17:32, rconn <> wrote:


> Jim Cook wrote:
>
>
> Quote:
> > I suspect this is the same issue that the sticky keys has, but
> when a
> > TCC tab is inside TC, shifted keys do not function. If I Detach Tab,
> > then everything appears to work just fine.
> >
> > This is while using Mocha VNC from my iPhone. Perhaps their FAQ
> > http://mochasoft.dk/iphone_vnc_faq.htm#q15c addresses the concern.
> >
> > I don't remember a work around for sticky keys. Is there new
> > information in this regard?
> The workaround for sticky keys is to use the command input window. Try
> that and let me know if it works for you.
>
> Rex Conn
> JP Software
>
Thank you for reminding me. That makes the command input window even
more useful.

It mostly works.

I still have troubles if I want to insert a couple shifted characters
or if I am not using line mode. Since there is no drag/mark from the
iPhone, is there some other way to insert from the command input
window without having it add a cr?
 

rconn

Administrator
Staff member
May 14, 2008
10,101
85
#4
Jim Cook wrote:

> Thank you for reminding me. That makes the command input window even
> more useful.
>
> It mostly works.
>
> I still have troubles if I want to insert a couple shifted characters
> or if I am not using line mode. Since there is no drag/mark from the
> iPhone, is there some other way to insert from the command input
> window without having it add a cr?
Not sure what you're trying to do. If you're trying to mark text & copy
it to/from the clipboard without a CR/LF being inserted at the end of
lines, you can hold down the Ctrl key when copying or pasting.

Rex Conn
JP Software
 
#5
>> I still have troubles if I want to insert a couple shifted characters
>> or if I am not using line mode. Since there is no drag/mark from the

>Not sure what you're trying to do. If you're trying to mark text & copy
>it to/from the clipboard without a CR/LF being inserted at the end of
>lines, you can hold down the Ctrl key when copying or pasting.
I have an interactive, character based, case sensitive application. It
asks for Y or N and y/n do not work, just Y/N. Adding a CR also
doesn't work. From the iPhone, I can not mark anything using mouse
movements or shift-arrow. When I insert something from the command
window, it appears to always add CR.

Is there a simple keystroke that will paste from the command window
without the trailing CR? Like the Enter key, but not "line" based.

It looks like I can work around it by putting a single Y at the end of
a line in the Command Input Window, double clicking, Ctrl-C, then
Ctrl-V in my TCC window.

Unfortunately, double clicking B in "A B C D" also selects the space,
so I just need to ensure my letter is at the end of the line. The
Ctrl-click

For line-based things, the Command Input Window will be great.
Otherwise, I'll probably detach the tab.

It's awkward to use the iPhone VNC, but a whole lot easier than
commuting back to work when something goes wrong.

--
2008 Fridays: 4/4, 6/6, 8/8, 10/10, 12/12 and 5/9, 9/5, 7/11, 11/7.
Next year they're Saturday.
Measure wealth by the things you have for which you would not take money.