Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Learn More" button on home page not working

Jun
On the JPSoft home page, when I click the "Learn More" button for Take Command, nothing happens. I tried with Firefox and IE. The button for TCC/LE works fine.

Dave, only Rex can truly answer this for sure (and I might be "sticking" my nose in a bit here :)), but when I read "3 editions" I immediately thought of 32-bit vs. 64-bit, which might certainly be considered "separate" editions. (The "binary representation" of the "physical" code, for want of a better term, is certainly very different for the 64-bit versions vs the 32-bit versions; and it is my distinct recollection, although I could certainly be wrong here ("recollection" isn't really one of my "strong suites" ;)) that the underlying Windows API has somewhat subtle differences (since I believe that Rex has made it very clear in the past that he uses the Windows API whenever possible rather than "rolling his own" (a very good "strategy", in my opinion), TCC will have (generally rather small) differences between the 64-bit version and the 32-bit version). However, I'll be the first to admit that the very existence of 64-bit TCC/LE is a good counter-argument to that theory; however, if TCC/LE doesn't use any of the API's in question (which I find quite likely) then it would be totally indistinguishable from the 32-bit version (other than speed, perhaps; but I will note that 64-bit is actually inherently slower than 32-bit is when doing operations that don't really benefit from being done in 64 bits; really, the single reason for the very existence of 64-bit processors is that 32-bit processors are inherently, without a lot of "work" and inconvenience in the eyes of the programmer, limited to 4 gigabytes of memory (physical RAM as opposed to "virtual" RAM; and it is rather difficult from a programmer's perspective for a single process to be able to access more than 4GB of RAM concurrently, whereas 64-bit is "theoretically" limited to 1.845 times 10 to the 19th power bytes of memory ("theoretically" because I suspect that it will be a very long time before machines with that amount of disk storage, much less RAM, actually exist) where that number is simply 4,294,967,296 squared), and in today's world of multi-media, in particular, 4GB is sometimes simply not enough.

- Dan