Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fixed LIST /U not working in TCC v19

May
I never knew that LIST /U will display a ruler on the second line until I read it in the help file a few minutes ago. When I tried this in v15, it worked perfectly. However, it didn't work for me in v19 (64-bit 19.10.51, Win 7). Not only was the ruler not displayed, LIST itself immediately exited and the prompt was placed at line 0, all without my ever pressing a key.

Thanks in advance for looking into this, and also for not telling me to use VIEW instead of LIST. Old habits die hard.

I have an alias for v15 thus;

Code:
tcc15="C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD15\tcc.exe"  /I /Q /C %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

Now, when I want to use a command that no longer works in the current version of TCC, I can do the following;

Code:
tcc15 *list /u ram1.txt

Joe

LIST /U does not work in;

TCC17
TCC18
TCC19

Joe

I just tried toying a bit more with LIST /U, and found an odd side-effect: execute it, it'll crash and send you back to the command line. Try to use the mouse wheel to see the scrollback and it will instead cycle through the command history at the prompt. Execute LIST without the /U parameter, exit normally, and the mouse wheel will behave normally again.

It's pretty obvious this "bug" is simply a side effect of LIST's abnormal termination, so fixing (or wading) the /U bug will make this one disappear as well.

I just tried toying a bit more with LIST /U, and found an odd side-effect: execute it, it'll crash and send you back to the command line. Try to use the mouse wheel to see the scrollback and it will instead cycle through the command history at the prompt. Execute LIST without the /U parameter, exit normally, and the mouse wheel will behave normally again.

It's pretty obvious this "bug" is simply a side effect of LIST's abnormal termination, so fixing (or wading) the /U bug will make this one disappear as well.
Yes, same behaviour here too but only within TCC and not within TCMD by the way ...