Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Location of tcmd.ini in x64

The TCMD.INI file is usually in %localappdata%\jpsoft. If you click on "Options / Configure Take Command", TCMD will display the current pathname for the TCMD.INI file in the title bar of the dialog.

I hadn't noticed that it shows the path in the title bar.

But, what about TCSTART? I put TCSTART in that folder with the .INI file and it doesn't run.

I hadn't noticed that it shows the path in the title bar.

But, what about TCSTART? I put TCSTART in that folder with the .INI file and it doesn't run.

The TCSTART / TCEXIT location is documented in the help file (see TCSTART and TCEXIT). TCC looks first for a directory specified in TCMD.INI (Startup / TCSTART Path). If no directory is specified, TCC looks in its own directory (i.e., %COMSPEC) and then in C:\.

The TCMD.INI file is usually in %localappdata%\jpsoft. If you click on "Options / Configure Take Command", TCMD will display the current pathname for the TCMD.INI file in the title bar of the dialog.

I actually thought I looked in the help, but, obviously I didn't or I was asleep. At any rate, yes, it is there.