Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Mail header

May
In the forum mails I receive, the first line always starts with "K_Meinhard, xyz posted ...".

Since I already know my own name, I'd much prefer if this could be left out.

The subject line could be shorter too: instead of "New thread to watched forum xyz" a simple "New: Support" or "Reply: Support - Thread: xyz" would be clearer imho.

I wholly agree, esp. with including in the subject line, or better yet, starting the subject line with, the SHORT NAME of the particular forum - this would allow automatic classification and delivery into the relevant folders.

In the forum mails I receive, the first line always starts with "K_Meinhard, xyz posted ...".

Since I already know my own name, I'd much prefer if this could be left out.

The subject line could be shorter too: instead of "New thread to watched forum xyz" a simple "New: Support" or "Reply: Support - Thread: xyz" would be clearer imho.

This is a XenForo issue, not Take Command, so the suggestion should be posted on the XenForo forums.

This is a XenForo issue, not Take Command, so the suggestion should be posted on the XenForo forums.
For users of the JPsoft forums it is a JPsoft issue. Which corporate or individual customer cares whom you bought the forum software from? The forum is the face of JPsoft current users see most often. Legally speaking, your customers are not in privity with your vendors, and as such can raise no issues with them, except when going through you. If one of your vendors is actually interested in listening to their customer's customer, which XenForo might be willing to do, it is by courtesy, not by a legal relationship.

For users of the JPsoft forums it is a JPsoft issue. Which corporate or individual customer cares whom you bought the forum software from? The forum is the face of JPsoft current users see most often.

That sounds (almost) reasonable, but like your previous complaints about Windows behavior (and requesting that JP Software rewrite Microsoft's code), it fails the real world test.

I don't have XenForo's source code, so I cannot rewrite it (even if I was a PHP developer, which I'm definitely not). Since this definitely is *not* a bug, the most I can do is to submit a request to XenForo asking for a change in some future version. (Probably a year off, given the timing of the last release.) But in this case, I happen to disagree with the suggestion (and prefer the current implementation), so I'm disinclined to request a change.

Back