Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Done Make [tab] work in paths containing a %var

Jun
My third attempt to get this feature into the app:

Make [tab] work in tokens containing environment variables as follows:

dir %systemroot%\a*[tab]

Here [tab] - on continuous key presses - should return the next file/directory name starting with 'a' in the directory pointed to by %systemroot%.

[tab] should however not expand %systemroot% beforehand.

Right now - before being able to use [tab] - you have to expand any variables with [ctrl-x], leaving you with the expanded value of the variable in the command line.

nickles

David Marcus:
| Try clicking the "feedback" link on the left of every page and posting your suggestion there.

That does not work for those of us who use email! This NG (subforum) is a proper venue for submitting suggestions. IMHO the name "Feedback" implies a response to the website, not to product behavior.
--
Steve

David Marcus:
| Try clicking the "feedback" link on the left of every page and posting your suggestion there.

That does not work for those of us who use email! This NG (subforum) is a proper venue for submitting suggestions. IMHO the name "Feedback" implies a response to the website, not to product behavior.

I will continue to monitor suggestions here, but as I said before suggestions posted here will always be given lower priority than ones posted on the feedback forum.