Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MD / RD sometimes causing TCC to lockup

Hello

I am experiencing intermittent lockups when using the MD and RD commands in Take Command build 12.0.35.

In the case of MD, I am running it from an alias called ND (for new directory) which is defined as follows:

md /s %1^cdd %1

I am running the RD command directly, without any switches.

In the specific scenario that causes problems for me, I am attempting to create a directory such as c:\abc\xyz, where the c:\abc directory already exists. TCC seems to create the xyz directory, but the command prompt does not return and Windows says that Take Command is no longer responding. The same goes for RD - the directory is removed but the command prompt does not return.

Chris

Hello

I am experiencing intermittent lockups when using the MD and RD commands in Take Command build 12.0.35.

In the case of MD, I am running it from an alias called ND (for new directory) which is defined as follows:

md /s %1^cdd %1

I am running the RD command directly, without any switches.

In the specific scenario that causes problems for me, I am attempting to create a directory such as c:\abc\xyz, where the c:\abc directory already exists. TCC seems to create the xyz directory, but the command prompt does not return and Windows says that Take Command is no longer responding. The same goes for RD - the directory is removed but the command prompt does not return.

Chris

Not reproducible here (I presume you've redefined ^ to be your command separator?).

The only thing MD and RD have in common is they attempt to update the JPSTREE.IDX file after they create/delete the directory. What happens if you try a "rd /nt xyz" or "md /s /nt c:\abc\xyz"?

Hello Rex

Not reproducible here (I presume you've redefined ^ to be your command separator?).

That doesn't surprise me -- as I said, it's an intermittent problem.

The only thing MD and RD have in common is they attempt to update the JPSTREE.IDX file after they create/delete the directory. What happens if you try a "rd /nt xyz" or "md /s /nt c:\abc\xyz"?

I reverted back to version 10 after reporting this problem. Having reinstalled version 12, I currently cannot recreate the issue. I'll report back if the problem recurs though...

Thanks for taking the time to look into this!

Chris