Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Missing DLL

May
upload_2017-2-14_0-10-16.png

As far as I can tell, that's an error in Takecmd.dll.

It references the ipworks*16.dll versions, whereas the files are ipworks*9.dll
Exception: ipworks16.dll; that is referenced ok._

I had to uninstall all older versions of tcmd in Control-Panel (verion 15 to 20), then i could install the newest version! Error-Message was: there is an older version installed....

I had to uninstall all older versions of tcmd in Control-Panel (verion 15 to 20), then i could install the newest version! Error-Message was: there is an older version installed....
That's odd. I have versions 11 - 20 installed and I'm never asked to uninstall older ones.

That's odd. I have versions 11 - 20 installed and I'm never asked to uninstall older ones.
I also had never problems with the older versions in Programs and Features, but with the current tcmd.exe from rconn, downloaded from the download-page, 20.11 Build 39, I've got this error

I also had never problems with the older versions in Programs and Features, but with the current tcmd.exe from rconn, downloaded from the download-page, 20.11 Build 39, I've got this error
I got mine the same way (download page) and had no such problem (on Win 7).

I got mine the same way (download page) and had no such problem (on Win 7).
I work on Windows 10, newest build. I don't know, why I got the error, but, after unstall of all TCMD's in Controlplanel, I could install the latest build of TCMD and the settings were still there. All's OK for me now.

I had to uninstall a previous build of v20, but not older major versions (19, 18, .... Is it possible that you misunderstood the message?

I had to uninstall a previous build of v20, but not older major versions (19, 18, .... Is it possible that you misunderstood the message?
The message said 'older version'. For that reason, I uninstalled all older version. Maybe, the uninstall of version 20 were enough..

This experience with the missing dll displayed a rather useless installer.

Doing a Repair was a rather bad idea as it installed Everything even though it weren't installed to begin with.
I assume Repair also registered all available file extensions rather than the previously selected .btm
Later I found that uninstalling TCMD didn't uninstall Everything installed by Repair.

I also tried to install .38 on top of .39, which made it say that a newer version already had been installed,
(even though said newer version were useless.)

Having an option in the installer to force a downgrade would be nice in situations like the above.

In the end I had to uninstall TCMD, manually remove the Everything service (SC delete), then reinstall TCMD.
However, now I've gotten .40, and it works.