Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MKSC

May
Charles:
Have you had a chance to look into using the edited version of the MKSC output listing of an existing shortcut file to create a new shortcut file? The new file may be for a different user or even on a different machine... It seems like a good way to copy or migrate one's working environment.

I've been thinking about it, and had an interesting idea or two, but just haven't had any time to write code recently. (Wife: "We need to tear out the carpet and put in laminate in these two bedrooms and the hall." Me: "Do we really?" Wife: "I've torn out the carpet, now you do the rest....")

Charles:
It is time for me to populate a new (replacement) drive in my old laptop system, which currently cannot access even a LAN (much less the internet). All file transfers by USB drives. The MKSC upgrade would be VERY useful now. Is it coming, or are you otherwise occupied?
--
TIA, Steve

It is time for me to populate a new (replacement) drive in my old laptop system, which currently cannot access even a LAN (much less the internet). All file transfers by USB drives. The MKSC upgrade would be VERY useful now. Is it coming, or are you otherwise occupied?

Not this month, sorry. (Bad Stuff going down at work....)

OK. I will try to build a batch program instead, based on what I did for the same purpose with the built-in SHORTCUT command.

Back