MOD operator in TCC/LE

  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Charles Dye

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 20, 2008
3,429
40
Albuquerque, NM
prospero.unm.edu
#1
Code:
C:\bin\tccle>ver /r
 
TCC LE  10.00.51   Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
TCC LE Build 51   Windows XP Build 2600  Service Pack 3
 
C:\bin\tccle>echo %@eval[13 mod 3]
TCC: Unbalanced parentheses "13 mod 3"
 
C:\bin\tccle>echo %@eval[13 %% 3]
1
 
C:\bin\tccle>
MOD does work as expected in the full TCC.
 
#2
Similarly, the SHR, SHL, AND, OR, XOR words fail, but the >>, <<, &, |, ^
symbols work fine. As is true with MOD versus %%

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 7:51 AM, Charles Dye <>wrote:


> Code:
> ---------
> C:\bin\tccle>ver /r
>
> TCC LE 10.00.51 Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
> TCC LE Build 51 Windows XP Build 2600 Service Pack 3
>
> C:\bin\tccle>echo %@eval[13 mod 3]
> TCC: Unbalanced parentheses "13 mod 3"
>
> C:\bin\tccle>echo %@eval[13 %% 3]
> 1
>
> C:\bin\tccle>
> ---------
> MOD does work as expected in the full TCC.
>
>
>
>
>


--
Jim Cook
2009 Saturdays: 4/4, 6/6, 8/8, 10/10, 12/12 and 5/9, 9/5, 7/11, 11/7.
Next year they're Sunday.
 
#3
Expanding variables without using % also fails:
D:\>ver

TCC LE 10.00.51 Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

D:\>set zzz=.5

D:\>echo %@eval[zzz]
TCC: Unbalanced parentheses "zzz"


D:\>ver

TCC 10.00.51 Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

D:\>set zzz=.5

D:\>echo %@eval[zzz]
0.5


I'll stop reporting on this error now, unless Rex can't duplicate it.


On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Jim Cook <> wrote:


> Similarly, the SHR, SHL, AND, OR, XOR words fail, but the >>, <<, &, |, ^
> symbols work fine. As is true with MOD versus %%
>
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 7:51 AM, Charles Dye <>wrote:
>
>
>
> ---Quote---
> > Code:
> > ---------
> > C:\bin\tccle>ver /r
> >
> > TCC LE 10.00.51 Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
> > TCC LE Build 51 Windows XP Build 2600 Service Pack 3
> >
> > C:\bin\tccle>echo %@eval[13 mod 3]
> > TCC: Unbalanced parentheses "13 mod 3"
> >
> > C:\bin\tccle>echo %@eval[13 %% 3]
> > 1
> >
> > C:\bin\tccle>
> > ---------
> > MOD does work as expected in the full TCC.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> ---End Quote---
>
>
> --
> Jim Cook
> 2009 Saturdays: 4/4, 6/6, 8/8, 10/10, 12/12 and 5/9, 9/5, 7/11, 11/7.
> Next year they're Sunday.
>
>
>
>
>


--
Jim Cook
2009 Saturdays: 4/4, 6/6, 8/8, 10/10, 12/12 and 5/9, 9/5, 7/11, 11/7.
Next year they're Sunday.
 
#7
This message has been emailed to me 17 times in the last 8 hours.

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 4:05 AM, rconn <> wrote:


> Jim Cook wrote:
>
>
> ---Quote---
> > Similarly, the SHR, SHL, AND, OR, XOR words fail, but the >>, <<, &, |, ^
> > symbols work fine. As is true with MOD versus %%
> ---End Quote---
> Not supported in TCC/LE.
>
>
>
>
>


--
Jim Cook
2009 Saturdays: 4/4, 6/6, 8/8, 10/10, 12/12 and 5/9, 9/5, 7/11, 11/7.
Next year they're Sunday.
 
Jun 3, 2008
27
0
#8
On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 08:04:04 -0600, Jim Cook
<> wrote Re RE: [Support-t-935] MOD operator
in TCC/LE:


>This message has been emailed to me 17 times in the last 8 hours.
>
>On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 4:05 AM, rconn <> wrote:
That may be so, but each of them had only on "From:" line in the
header.
--
At first they laugh at you, then they ignore you, then they fight you, then you win.