Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

More HELP nits

May
1/ "Redirection" help topic
- Still lists printers and serial ports as possible target devices of redirection. I believe this to be obsolete.
- "Here-string" redirection - the whole text of this section uses Courier New

2/ "Print" command
- unclear whether or not the /A and /D options can be combined with each other or with filenames
- unclear what is meant by "plain text files" in the first sentence of "Usage". I presume this means files with .TXT extension, even though many other files, including all .BTM files are "plain text files".
--
Steve

2/ "Print" command
- unclear what is meant by "plain text files" in the first sentence of "Usage". I presume this means files with .TXT extension, even though many other files, including all .BTM files are "plain text files".

I think it refers to the way the PRINT command does not work -- by sending text directly to the printer port. In fact PRINT uses file associations and can print any extension, plain text or not, so long as there is a shell verb "Print".
Depending on your preferred text editor, you may be able to print .BTM files with color and syntax highlighting....

Another HELP nit: HELP BDEBUGGER brings up the BDEBUGGER / IDE help page, but HELP IDE does not.

Depending on your preferred text editor, you may be able to print .BTM files with color and syntax highlighting....

Brain fart: If the IDE command had a /P option to print the specified file and close, then that could be set as the default Print verb for .BTM files, perhaps by TCCBATCH.BTM.

|| 2/ "Print" command
|| - unclear what is meant by "plain text files" in the first sentence
|| of "Usage". I presume this means files with .TXT extension, even
|| though many other files, including all .BTM files are "plain text
|| files".
|
| I think it refers to the way the PRINT command does not work -- by
| sending text directly to the printer port. In fact PRINT uses file
| associations and can print any extension, plain text or not, so long
| as there is a shell verb "Print".
| Depending on your preferred text editor, you may be able to print
| .BTM files with color and syntax highlighting....

My goal is to enhance the HELP file with things I often know already, but others may not.
--
Steve