Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Done More suggestions but I cannot use FEEDBACK forum

May
I ran out of votes in the FEEDBACK forum. the voting scheme limits each of us to 20 suggestions, or fewer if we like other users' suggestions. Is this intended to avoid overloading?

New suggestion: allow the pseudofiles CON: and CLIP: in the @FILEARRAY function as the name of the file whence to load the array.

New suggestion: allow the pseudofile CON: as the filename in @FILEOPEN when the second parameter is R[EAD], and process all subsequent calls of @FILEREAD by reading from STDIN. BTW, I do not think it is necessary to also allow the STDOUT corollary of this enhancement, because the ECHO, ECHOS and TEXT commands already provide the same functionality. One typically uses @FILEOPEN/@FILEREAD when reading data line by line, interleaved from multiple sources (e.g., comparing or merging two or more sorted files, one of which might be STDIN), which is not possible using any other method, but one can appropriately redirect each line or block of output to the desired one of multiple destinations.
--
Steve

I ran out of votes in the FEEDBACK forum. the voting scheme limits each of us to 20 suggestions, or fewer if we like other users' suggestions. Is this intended to avoid overloading?

It's intended to prevent the noisy users from dominating the suggestions list. You can withdraw your votes from previous suggestions and apply them to new ones. You also will get your votes back if I either decide to implement a feature or if I reject the idea (either as technically infeasible or insufficiently useful).

I still monitor this forum, but all suggestions here will be treated as a "1-vote" idea.