Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NAS support???

Jan
I recently installed a 2TB NAS on my network and was disappointed to find that TCC/LE could not access it. Does TCC/LE actually not access NAS drives or is there a way to do it that I don't know about? I occasionally want to print a list of folder contents and have used this command in the past:
dir /S10 /LHJKMXO:-D %1 > DirContents.txt. Am I out of luck???:(

You can use it just as you would in CMD.EXE: map a drive letter with NET USE.

Fun feature: Unlike in CMD.EXE, you can also change the current directory to a UNC path: CDD \\MYDRIVE\SHARE or whatever -- you don't have to map a drive letter.

You can use it just as you would in CMD.EXE: map a drive letter with NET USE.

Fun feature: Unlike in CMD.EXE, you can also change the current directory to a UNC path: CDD \\MYDRIVE\SHARE or whatever -- you don't have to map a drive letter.

Thanks, Charles. net use worked great.:)

I recently installed a 2TB NAS on my network and was disappointed to find that TCC/LE could not access it. Does TCC/LE actually not access NAS drives or is there a way to do it that I don't know about?
I can CDD to my NAS with TCC/LE on Windows 7. But NET USE is mandatory beforehand to force Windows to prompt for a netshare password, if one is configured. Mapping the drive isn't necessary, UNC pathnames work.
Code:
V:\>ver

TCC LE 13.03.38 Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]

V:\>net use
New connections will be remembered.

There are no entries in the list.

V:\>cdd /X \\NAS\R
TCC: (Sys) Access is denied.
"\\NAS\R"

V:\>net use \\NAS\R
The password is invalid for \\NAS\R.

Enter the user name for 'NAS': ***